Today's Blues Playlist

Ten Years After - Ten Years After -

71syOPRBpNL._SL1039_.jpg

Eric

Sometimes rumored to be a bootleg, but it isn't. Recorded live at the Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco in 1966 and released in 1971. If you read the Wackypedia article it will tell you it was never released in CD. As you can see here, they are wrong. My first copy of this album was on 8 track, followed by the CD, and then the lp. Grateful Dead blues at their best. Historic Dead on Sunflower, SNF-5004, and unknown CD. I didn't dig out the 8 track.

index.php
index.php

I've been trying to keep up with ya, bluestime, but my P/B collection just can't.

I listened to some Arbee Stidham and Lightnin' Hopkins last night.
May Long is coming up, which means a bunch of outside time. Plenty of P/B will be spun while getting the yard ready, I'm sure.

I've been trying to keep up with ya, bluestime, but my P/B collection just can't.

I listened to some Arbee Stidham and Lightnin' Hopkins last night.
May Long is coming up, which means a bunch of outside time. Plenty of P/B will be spun while getting the yard ready, I'm sure.
Pretty good stuff, isn't it? And there is nothing but outstanding blues albums in the whole series.

Pretty good stuff, isn't it? And there is nothing but outstanding blues albums in the whole series.
I haven't heard a dud when it comes any of the ones I've heard.
I'm truly envious of your Bluesville collection. I've got a check-list I printed out form the net, and I plan on hearing every one of them some day. Amazing music.

Back
Top Bottom