Today's British Invasion Playlist

The Hollies' Greatest Hits
index.php

The British Invasion. What a fantastic time period of music. I'd like to thank my father for he's knowledge, for showing me the great bands from that era Oh and giving me some of his LP's :thumbsup:
IMAG0048.jpg IMAG0049.jpg

Last edited:
My Dad was 15 when attended this sold out show in Melbourne, Australia June 1964. There were 6 shows over 3 days in total, 15th, 16th & 17th. Each day had an early show and a late show. Most of the audience did hear much of the band as you can tell by the screaming in the video.

This is actually a good sounding video recording from the 1964 Melbourne concert.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles'_1964_world_tour

images (1).jpg unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Some from Australian bands from the same time period;

"The Groop",
My dad brought the original set of drums off Richard Wright the drummer from the band. Unfortunately all he has left is the original Ludwig brass snare with case. It's been signed by Richard and is a piece of history in out family. It was also used in a song called 'The Real Thing' sung by Russell Morris, Australian classic.

When I have a big music day, this song is always the last song played.

Last edited:
Some from Australian bands from the same time period;

"The Group",
My dad brought the original set of drums off Richard Wright the drummer from the band. Unfortunately all he has left is the original Ludwig brass snare with case. It's been signed by Richard and is a piece of history in out family. It was also used in a song called 'The Real Thing' sung by Russell Morris, Australian classic.

When I have a big music day, this song is always the last song played.

Be sure to visit the Kanga Kiwi Cool A Go Go

ca835dccbc84136a1629185bbb2201a2.jpg

The Beatles
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
(Capitol, 50th Anniversary Stereo Remix, 2017)

Back
Top Bottom