Today's classical playlist

That's from the 50 CD box set?
KevinJS, assuming you're referring to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Naxos-30th-Anniversary-Special-Box/dp/B06X1GB7RF

... the answer is "no." I came across my copy at Best Buy. I've also seen a few of the individual discs at other brick and mortar retailers, library branches, thrift stores, or even pawn shops. Since you brought the box set to my attention, I'm going to check its contents and if I like the majority of the albums, I just might snag it.

KevinJS, assuming you're referring to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Naxos-30th-Anniversary-Special-Box/dp/B06X1GB7RF

... the answer is "no." I came across my copy at Best Buy. I've also seen a few of the individual discs at other brick and mortar retailers, library branches, thrift stores, or even pawn shops. Since you brought the box set to my attention, I'm going to check its contents and if I like the majority of the albums, I just might snag it.

Not sure which post you are referring to. My question to eljr, perhaps? If so, I was referring to the Deutsche Grammophon box set of 50 CDs. There are actually 2.

51VZBVQ1-KL._SX355_.jpg

From my late brother's collection. It's been over a year and I finally think I can start listening to the items I kept when we cleaned out the house. More to come later.

Your brother lives on in the music he loved and shared with you (but you know that).

Shoot, that's why I can enjoy my dad's old Eddie Arnold records!

Not sure which post you are referring to. My question to eljr, perhaps? If so, I was referring to the Deutsche Grammophon box set of 50 CDs. There are actually 2.
In post #55191 I posted a Naxos 2-CD set titled The Best of Shostakovich. The post which followed consisted of you inquiring about material being from a box set. Since you didn't state which member(s) you were replying to, I thought the question was in regard to the album I posted. No biggie :).

MI0003254593.jpg

Vadim Gluzman / Glorious Percussion / Jonathan Nott / Luzerner Sinfonieorchester
Sofia Gubaidulina: Glorious Percussion; In Tempus Praesens

Release Date October 25, 2011
Duration01:11:28
Genre
Classical
Styles
Concerto
Recording DateDecember 3, 2008 & December 4, 2008
Recording Location
KKL Luzern

MI0004331055.jpg

Anne-Sophie Mutter / Daniil Trifonov
Franz Schubert: Forellenquintett

Release Date November 3, 2017
Duration55:52
Genre
Classical
Styles
Chamber Music
Recording DateJune, 2017
Recording Location
Baden-Baden, Festspielhaus

prestodoyfinalist.png

Presto Recordings of the Year
Finalist 2017

MI0004331055.jpg

Anne-Sophie Mutter / Daniil Trifonov
Franz Schubert: Forellenquintett

Release Date November 3, 2017
Duration55:52
Genre
Classical
Styles
Chamber Music
Recording DateJune, 2017
Recording Location
Baden-Baden, Festspielhaus

prestodoyfinalist.png

Presto Recordings of the Year
Finalist 2017

My mother had a ticket subsription for the Festspielhaus until she turned 85. Once she joined a concert with Mutter at this location.

I have a lot of new recording that I am listening to a few times, like this.

MI0004027083.jpg

Neeme Järvi / L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande
Neeme Järvi conducts Ibert

Release Date April 1, 2016
Duration01:22:07
Genre
Classical
Styles
Orchestral
Recording DateJune 25, 2015 - June 27, 2015
Recording Location
Victoria Hall, Geneva, Switzerland