Today's JAZZ playlist

Cal Tjader Our Blues.JPG

Cal Tjader
Our Blues
Fantasy FCD-24771-2
Reissue and combo of two Tjader LPs from 1957 & 1960
Concert on the Campus (minus Rezo) and Cal Tjader (complete)

I have a comp of Tjader's on a Fantasy CD, Latino and have always been kinda, 'Meh' about it. I picked this CD on a whim for $2 in the cut out bin of a bookstore. It has gotten repeated repeated threepeated listenings over the past month. It must be keyed for my stereo, because they're playing live and it freaking sounds like they're in the same room. I had to reread the notes several times to be assured that there were only 5 guys playing. The Concert on the Campus portion sounds like an enormous line up of musicians. Standouts...Moment in Madrid...Cuban Fantasy...Goodbye...SS Groove, Our Blues...Porgy and....OH Dang, just the whole CD is a treat. HIGHLY recommended

qcR2zsxCN4RxAE3bBvfHtZ0-WzDjWnK8nX0ZsLLVjTjwDyuIEx8h7RfTKO0BTSnDk3zcPTmp=s512-c-e100-v1

I think we're on the same wave length this afternoon.

Wow, if you are a Tjader or Guaraldi fan and haven't, you should check this out. Pretty remarkable!

One of my recent near-mint $2 flea market scores...
My oldest friend lives across the street from the Village Vanguard here in NYC. Every time I walk by and see the sign still holding court, I wonder about all the stories that place could tell...

View attachment 874825
Please post a nice black and white photo of that sign if you can, not a google pic but a real jazz lovers photo....Id love to see your train of thought in a photo...thanks ahead if you can.

Back
Top Bottom