Today's JAZZ playlist

R-3937175-1361784807-7282.jpeg.jpg
R-3937175-1361784845-9583.jpeg.jpg

Frank Sinatra / Sings Days Of Wine And Roses, Moon River; and other academy award winners.
1964 Reprise

Holy Moly, that's some deal. Concord now has a nice comfortable big chair. I read that SLG has Pop recording arm, and that's probably their money maker. But the Jazz catelog while bring them strong returns, especially if you list Fantasy, Concord, and now Savoy. The mining of those catalogs, if done correctly can yield a nice add to their bottom line. That being said, Mosaic is in deep waters and may not be coming up for air. I wonder what happened to them?

The Fantasy part of the catalog includes Blue Note, Riverside, Prestige, and Contemporary, right? That covers a lot of territory.

Going to keep my eye out for this...

Don't have the record in front of me right now, but what it does is take the entire session and put it on two records. Material from this session was originally put on a few different records. Get it Bass, I don't think you'll be sorry!

The Fantasy part of the catalog includes Blue Note, Riverside, Prestige, and Contemporary, right? That covers a lot of territory.

I find the Mosaic sets pretty high priced spread. They are done well with great notes, but they carry a price tag. Proper boxes are skint on notes, don't carry the alternate or obscure recordings that are for obsessive collectors,but at a great price. Something in the middle would be great. With all those labels under one house, what a dream job it would be listening to and choosing the tracks and records to release.

Back
Top Bottom