Today's JAZZ playlist

There is of course, some good, in NY. But between the high rent blight, the chain stores, and having to take a second mortgage out to ride the subway, "Things Ain't What They Used To Be"!

Amen Brother. I remember riding the Subway and Buses as a Kid. It seemed cheap, even on a kid's wallet. Now, YIKES.

SWMBO and I may go to NYC in JUNE. She has some kind of conference there, and I'll tag along if she goes. Manhattan. I was going to put us up at the Soho Grand (one of my favorite Boutique Hotels in NY) but may opt for something closer to Times Square for convenience. I like the Novotel Times Square, but there are plenty to choose from. I'll keep you posted.

That's a good album, but "Brazil" is the best Ritchie Family album! :music: Yeah, my record collection spans the music genres. ;)

R-103456-1402433487-7969.jpeg.jpg
R-103456-1402433571-2289.jpeg.jpg

I have that one! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Amen Brother. I remember riding the Subway and Buses as a Kid. It seemed cheap, even on a kid's wallet. Now, YIKES.

SWMBO and I may go to NYC in JUNE. She has some kind of conference there, and I'll tag along if she goes. Manhattan. I was going to put us up at the Soho Grand (one of my favorite Boutique Hotels in NY) but may opt for something closer to Times Square for convenience. I like the Novotel Times Square, but there are plenty to choose from. I'll keep you posted.

Yes, let me know Billy. Poppachubby was making some noise about coming down to the area too. I don't know if he is still doing it, or maybe already did. But let me know for sure.

Do you remember Stewart Klein, the movie reviewer on The Channel 5 News at 10? He was great!

And of course, "The Honeymooners"!

YES! I had forgotten about "The Honeymooners". 11:00 PM? I'm in the ballpark anyway. And yes indeed, I remember Stewart Klein. I watched WNEW from time to time and remember Stewart well. Wow. Haven't thought about this stuff in a while. It's awesome. I feel like I'm home.

Played this earlier, having gotten it the other day. When I first put it on the turntable, it looked like it was going to be a ride on "The Cyclone", as the record had a bit of a warp. But the Garrard Type A and the Shure SC 35C tracked it beautifully. What a great album, and the sound on the OJC release is fantastic.

I may have no choice, Steve. I'm truly exhausted. Plus I have about 80 new albums to spin. That will take all three weekend days PLUS.

You just answered your own question, your exhausted. Yes, that's going to take some days to listen to them all. I still have about 10 washed albums I still have to spin, my recent purchases.

Went out to some thrift stores today, but didn't find anything. Our local library has a book sale starting today and going through the weekend. Went there this morning and found this interesting classical CD by Paul McCartney! Didn't know he made this! They didn't have any records. Was hoping to see some jazz cds, the library has a huge jazz cd collection! Probably were selling stuff that nobody has checked out in years.

https://www.discogs.com/Paul-McCartney-Paul-McCartneys-Liverpool-Oratorio/release/2571128

Back
Top Bottom