Today's JAZZ playlist

aWv4oBa.jpg

Not to be obtuse, but how does a "classic final album" appear for vinyl for the first time?

What's not to understand? Originally came out in 1991on CD only. Sonny died a few years later. The artist, and this album in particular have a small but fanatical fan base many of whom are vinyl enthusiasts that have been clamoring for years about this. That marketing hype is directed at us not at George Benson or Al DiMeola fans. As SS once famously said about Mr. DiMeola "that cat should smile once in awhile. It ain't that serious".

Overseas was the one album I really wanted off this cd. It did not disappoint! Think I'll space the other albums out a bit. Don't want Flanagan overload:rflmao:

That stuff was recorded in Europe while they had time off from playing with JJ Johnson's group. The original sides were 10"s recorded for the Metronome label in Sweden. Blue Note reissued them as a full album. A classic none the less!!

What's not to understand? Originally came out in 1991on CD only. Sonny died a few years later. The artist, and this album in particular have a small but fanatical fan base many of whom are vinyl enthusiasts that have been clamoring for years about this. That marketing hype is directed at us not at George Benson or Al DiMeola fans. As SS once famously said about Mr. DiMeola "that cat should smile once in awhile. It ain't that serious".

AH, that would explain it. I'm more a vinyl user and not not up on my current guitarists. That explains the "first time".

Tidal Premium Offer?

I got an email from Tidal offering me a year of PREMIUM for $69. Note that for the record their PREMIUM service is excellent streaming but it is certainly NOT their HIGH REZ streaming package. Still, I was considering it. But when I tried to see about redeeming it I was directed to a page that said "YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER". Odd. Then why send me the offer to begin with?

Personally, I am still with Tidal HiFi service ($19.95 a month), but am tempted to drop it every single month. I still have Google Play, Apple Music and Amazon Prime Unlimited, so I'm flush with music streaming services. That's probably why I'm not eligible. I'm a HiFi subscriber and they don't want me to downgrade to Premium service.

Tidal Premium Offer?

I got an email from Tidal offering me a year of PREMIUM for $69. Note that for the record their PREMIUM service is excellent streaming but it is certainly NOT their HIGH REZ streaming package. Still, I was considering it. But when I tried to see about redeeming it I was directed to a page that said "YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER". Odd. Then why send me the offer to begin with?

Personally, I am still with Tidal HiFi service ($19.95 a month), but am tempted to drop it every single month. I still have Google Play, Apple Music and Amazon Prime Unlimited, so I'm flush with music streaming services. That's probably why I'm not eligible. I'm a HiFi subscriber and they don't want me to downgrade to Premium service.
These services really seem to still be in their "getting their shit together" faze. IMO, and all that.
I don't trust 'em to keep a library together as well as some of us do, to be honest.

These services really seem to still be in their "getting their shit together" faze. IMO, and all that.
I don't trust 'em to keep a library together as well as some of us do, to be honest.

I agree. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out in the next five years or so. Honestly, I will be keeping Apple Music mostly because it's so integrated into the iOS architecture on our phones and tablets, I miss it when it's gone. And I'll be keeping Google Play Music because it's on my Chromebook, and on all of my Google devices like the HUB and the Google Mini devices. Plus all of my CDs were ripped to Google Play Music.

I have been hearing the rumor that Apple Music is coming out with High Rez streaming. We'll see what develops in the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom