Today's JAZZ playlist

pRGcfrF.jpg

As much as I love pawing through and spinning selections from my ECM collection, I'm overdue for a paradigm shift in the LP parade. This is the resulting choice to switch tracks:
R-1475690-1222501917.jpeg.jpg

Branford Marsalis - Trio Jeepy
Marsalis on tenor, Milt Hinton - bass, Jeff Watts - Drums

I bought this when first released heading into the great LP exile/hibernation at the onset of the CD era. It's a truly lovely recording.

As much as I love pawing through and spinning selections from my ECM collection, I'm overdue for a paradigm shift in the LP parade. This is the resulting choice to switch tracks:
R-1475690-1222501917.jpeg.jpg

Branford Marsalis - Trio Jeepy
Marsalis on tenor, Milt Hinton - bass, Jeff Watts - Drums

I bought this when first released heading into the great LP exile/hibernation at the onset of the CD era. It's a truly lovely recording.
How many ECM albums in your collection ? You where on quite a roll.

How many ECM albums in your collection ? You where on quite a roll.

I honestly don't know, since I've haven't done a count in some time. A proper count of the LP's while I have them all pulled out and mostly together would be a good idea. It's over 100 for the LP's since I've had some very good luck hunting the past few years, especially on the trip home from Lincoln/Omaha, NE following the total eclipse.

As for the CD's, there are a lot of them too, but until I gather a modicum of self discipline (Ha! Like that's going to happen) and get stuff sorted and properly filed that count will have to wait.

ECM titles are among the few things I still actively seek out and collect, something I've done ever since I began buying them in the 1970's. Being a big Ralph Towner/Oregon fan certainly provided enough impetus to get me going down this particular rabbit hole that just gets deeper with every year.

Back
Top Bottom