Todays METAL playlist

Anthrax - Among The Living

hqDbDnw.png

slayer reign n blood.jpg the game changer, the timeless, the album that opened a whole new world to many.....in my eyes, the first thrash album that had some time and effort put into the production to make an excellent, for the time, album.....a great Rick Rubin production....and every song a lesson on how metal should be done

the game changer, the timeless, the album that opened a whole new world to many.....in my eyes, the first thrash album that had some time and effort put into the production to make an excellent, for the time, album.....a great Rick Rubin production....and every song a lesson on how metal should be done

If I only could like this post more than once. It's the one album of the 80s that hasn't lost any of its brute force, still blows me away every time I put it on, which is OFTEN.

I might actually give it a spin when I'm done with this one:
iron_maiden_-_powerslave.jpg

I like this album, even though it is a 'sold out' 'Snake album, but you know what I really hated about it? The running order of the North American release! To start the album of with Crying.......what were they thinking? The UK/Europe release just flows so much better. The label did the same stupid thing with the Slide It In album; don't fix what ain't broken!
I been a Whitesnake fan since 1976. They were a great hard/blues rock band til they came to America and got their hair permed. Even the line up before coming here was great. Mickey Moody on slide and lead, Bernie Marsden on lead, Neil Murray on Bass, Jon Lord on Keys, Ian Paice(my all time favorite drummer) on drums. He did a few LPs once here with remakes that shouldn't have been touched, I will say though, that the last 2 LPs by Whitesnake are fabulous. Bad To The Bone and Forevermore. Check them out, on vinyl of course!!

I didn't wanna get into a Whitesnake listening session, but once you hear one album it's difficult not to carry on!

Side one is just relentless Whitesnake!! And it's the PROPER version of Fool......

"It's a toss up between this and Come and Get It for the best 'Snake albums.
Both equally great LPs along with Lovehunter. I loved the very first LP, Northwinds and the next, David Coverdale's Whitesnake. The original Saints and Sinners was also another great one. After that is when they came to America, added a different line up and got his hair permed"!
palZYKD.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom