Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Emerson, Lake & Palmer ~ My Darling Nemesis...The Illuminati
Rich Stadium, Buffalo, NY 26/7/74
Original Bootleg Series From The Manticore Vaults Vol. Two

2001 Castle Music CMXBX330
https://www.discogs.com/Emerson-Lak...-The-Manticore-Vaults-Vol-Two/release/5717581
007_2.jpg

(Half way through Tocatta, my ears are sufficiently dumbed down enough to enjoy this bootleg)

The thread is called "Progressive"
This place is "OCD" enough with out all this nitpicking
An example, IMW "Supertramp" barely qualifies, but I don't "dump" on people who list it here.
My last thoughts on the subject

Yeah, I have to agree. There is nothing even close to a universally accepted definition of progressive rock. I don't think we should debate the selections that people choose to post here, for the most part. If someone starts posting Taylor Swift albums here, then yeah, a little clarification would be in order ;) But most of what gets posted here is close enough for the spirit of the thread.

Amen.

You should pick it up if you see it again. They're were to Yes what Triumvirat was to ELP. The music is excellent. Lead vocals not to my liking as they're kind of wimpy, but I can deal with it.

I did get back over there and picked it up. I put it on and sat down and read the back of the album and realized where I knew them from. The reference to "PGU" is to the college radio station in Champaign-Urbana, WPGU, where Starcastle is from and where I went to school. Good album, thanks. Bringing back some memories.

Up Next will be a band that I bet 99.999% of you have never heard of. These guys are close friends of C2Rice how has not been on music at all lately. Definitely falls in the prog category. It is their own unique sound with influence from Tull, Little Feet, Yes and many, many others:
You can hear the entire album here:

They have been approached by a label to re-release this outstanding album.
1977- Hands - Hands - (Ashroom SP-96001) EAC FLAC's
index.php

Great, Great Music - give it a listen...Please let me know what you guy's think
-Blitz :)

Up Next will be a band that I bet 99.999% of you have never heard of. These guys are close friends of C2Rice how has not been on music at all lately. Definitely falls in the prog category. It is their own unique sound with influence from Tull, Little Feet, Yes and many, many others:
You can hear the entire album here:

They have been approached by a label to re-release this outstanding album.
1977- Hands - Hands - (Ashroom SP-96001) EAC FLAC's
index.php

Great, Great Music - give it a listen...Please let me know what you guy's think
-Blitz :)

Yea, I am perhaps that less than 1% that knows about this Texas band, and that record was re-released by the Shroom label, they have since released a few cds since. Gentle Giant, Jethro Tull and Happy the Man are often used to describe the Hands sound. Great album and would have otherwise been lost in obscurity had the Shroom Label not unearthed the lp for reissue. They have a very unTexas sound, if fact, they could be well mistaken for a British band given the musical influences, highly recommended! Thanks for sharing this one, excellent choice.

Back
Top Bottom