Today's Punk Rock Playlist

Couldn't see his own ears (((to borrow a phrase from 4-2-7))).

:D

I forwarded a link to this thread to AE. I hope he's doing alright.

There was an older gentleman in my recovery program who would blurt out, "I Can't See Me" !

I always thought it was an odd thing to say, but for me, as it turns out, it's true. The only self-perception I can form is based on how other people react to me. It's paradoxical; in a way, I don't give a damn what other people think about me, and yet I want to see myself as accurately as possible. It's not as simple as wanting to win friends and influence people. It's more a need for survival. I'm pretty much 'hitting a wall' when it comes to affecting a change in my personality.

I'm tired of being alone, and alienated from other people. I swear I don't do it intentionally.

From another thread. I'm not tripping on this, because 4-2-7 said it; I was tripping on it anyway.
There is an old saying in the world of behavior modification "we can't see our ears but others can" Hopefully you'll understand what this means and maybe look inwards as to who you are and what you want to project outwards to the world. Not trying to be mean here at all, its only my opinion and observation, witch can mean very little as our path may never cross again. No individual ever needs to get along with everyone but it doesn't hurt to try or at least look at defects as to why.
Strange to have this conversation on a punk rock thread. Back on topic.

:D

It's ironic but I thought Axe's achilles heel was he took this shit too seriously. Wrapped too tight for Vietnam so to speak.

Rush - 2112
Amazon stream thru Echo Dot to main system
220px-Rush_2112.jpg

A very punk performance from a punk / rap / hip-hop / jazz band that I've loved from day one.
Wait until the very end and watch Adrock slam down his guitar and give a big "F You" to all watching. He was feeling it.

Back
Top Bottom