Todays TWANG playlist.....

Duane Eddy-A $1,000,000 worth of Twang
Just took it off the TT

Up next, though not sure if it's "really twang" is Johnathon Edwards-Rockin Chair CG, you'd like this- Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell on guitars, David Grisman on Mandolin, whole host of good stuff

Up next, though not sure if it's "really twang" is Johnathon Edwards-Rockin Chair CG, you'd like this- Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell on guitars, David Grisman on Mandolin, whole host of good stuff
Sounds fairly Twangy to me....:thmbsp:

Bill

"really twang"

With that lineup, I'd say so.
16.gif

I've yet to read a definitive definition of what "twang" constitutes.

Perhaps our resident "twangmaster" will grace us with his presence and let us know.

Ken

not really twang in the true sense but close enough for me-Kathleen Edwards,Ryan Adams,Neko Case,Whiskeytown

Damn, this is getting good. Amazing Rhythm Aces, I might go for "Too Stuffed To Jump........OMD, hmmm, the Quilt album.

Toze this is for you......some Lucinda Williams, yes I'm a shamless suck-up.

Thanks! cableguy!

....................R1:music::yes:

P.S. Changing CD's right now, no more Steely Dan and that hurts!

Still trying to get the "Twang" thing down... but, I'm pretty sure this counts - "Skip, Hop & Wobble" by Jerry Douglas, Russ Barenberg & Edgar Meyer:music:

hmmm, Lucendia. Always thought of her as more blues
But a DAMMN fine choice

/rant
Saw her at Humpreys in San Diego, kick off to her 2006 concert series. Started a couple songs, forgot the words kinda hummed through them. Took an unannounced(unplanned 5 minute) break during show, talked more than played. Said she was "a bit rusty"
Honey, whatever your problems are-need to leave em when you walk out in front of us-your paying customers. Opening night is not practice night. If you're not ready, don't feel up to it or whatever. Cancel.
Total waste of I believe 65 bucks- Stop stealing from your fans

*issed me off so bad I'm boycotting ever buying any more of her music.
Wrote her record company-Lost Highway, they never responded. So they're added to my boycott list as well. And damnit they have some fine other artists(nelson, cash, lovette)
/end rant

Bob Dylan, Blonde on Blonde
Bruce Springsteen, The Seeger Sessions
Ernest Tubb & His Midnight Troubadours

Back
Top Bottom