Tomorrow my TT should be vastly upgraded

Mark W.

Nut house of the Universe
I answered a local CL ad tonight and as luck would have I was the first to talk to the guy. He's selling a Pro-Ject turntable for $100.00 It looks OK in the photo's and I will be able to audition it before I pay for it. SO it's a very low risk deal.

I had to do some pretty damn fast wheeling and dealing to be able to have the funds since I'm laid off right now and Fun money is tight.

I offered up a Leica camera lens to the Leica camera nuts on Photo.net and within a few minutes it was sold and then paid for via Paypal (at the price I offered it for I knew it would sell) Since I have a Paypal debit card I can just stop by any AMT tomorrow and draw the cash for the table.

NOW here's the interesting part the guy doesn't know for sure which model it is he bought it used from Echo Audio in Portland and really never used it. The photo's aren't clear enough to see if it has the carbon fiber tone arm and I didn't ask (even if it's a Debut II or III it is worth a lot more then the camera lens to me)

But I down loaded his photo ran it through my editing software and brought the Gamma up a bit. The table looks to be Gray I know I haven't over lightened it based on the Kenwood unit it's sitting on in the picture still being dark black as it should.

The only Table I see on the Pro-Ject web site that is offered in Gray is the 1 Xpression which would be a $450.00 dollar table A big upgrade for me from the GA-209 Philips I am currently restoring. Plus unlie the Philips I can buy new carts new stylus's alignment gauges speed boxes (Ok the Philips dosen't need that) AND from what I read it has Gold RCA's on it to attach interconnects to the Philips cables are connected and about 20" to short for my setup. SO it's a much better table then the Philips for me. And since I got about half of my new TT cabinet done today the fact it is actually a little smaller then the Philips just gives me that much more room (my turn table cabinet fits in a pocket to the left of my rack everything under the stairs in our living room)..

If I get there and its the Debut II or III so what I still got a lot better table for my system at 1/3 of new even if I had to buy a new cart and alignment gauge I would still be money ahead.

I'll finish restoring the Philips and either have a second table or sell it on ebay to pay for a nice speed box for the Pro-Ject.

Not going to sleep real well tonight LOL......:boring:

Back
Top Bottom