Too many radios/repair projects and no way to sell the running units please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that what I was going to say.. For all we know this kids got a room full of MAC tube gear. I kinda thought this smelled of troll.

actually it was 4 almost working consoles and some table radios-but hey....the MAC TUBE gear makes a wayyyyyy better story!

Almost sounds like trolling to me. Has the smarts along with the resources to strip down,and repair electronics.Going to college for IT, and Ebay is some mysterious place that cannot be figured out. As others have said (repeatedly) Craigslist is your friend.It is an EASY place to navigate. In one post you said you have a room mate.You two cannot put your heads together, and get something done?

Not intentionally bringing attitude here,but sometimes you have to help yourself.Like others have said... You have over 1,200 posts on here so you know how to use a computer. Just have to go to one (or both) of those sites,and at least give it a try.

If the cops give you any static about using their parking lot to conduct business, if you tell them what and why you are doing it there should suffice.
Just don't do it every day.

I'm sensing that the OP is legitimate. We have to keep in mind that he has challenges with person-to-person interactions.

I can guess what that is like but I don't live in his shoes. Lets cut some slack and have an approach with empathy and grace. I'm touched that he's open enough on this forum to seek help.

I'd suggest that he sticks with people he knows, they guy that sells on eBay for a commission sounds like a great route to take. Also, try not to be overwhelmed by all the stuff, start with something small and see how that works out. Good luck

made an offer to buy quite a bit of it and have picked up-waiting for address-have friend with truck in area now.

I sent you a reply and sorry for the delay, hopefully we can do something tomorrow because I was busy doing some house cleaning and reorganizing the kitchen with my sister most of the afternoon so I'm sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you, because I really wasn't its just that I was rather busy most of the day.

I'm sensing that the OP is legitimate. We have to keep in mind that he has challenges with person-to-person interactions.

I can guess what that is like but I don't live in his shoes. Lets cut some slack and have an approach with empathy and grace. I'm touched that he's open enough on this forum to seek help.

I'd suggest that he sticks with people he knows, they guy that sells on eBay for a commission sounds like a great route to take. Also, try not to be overwhelmed by all the stuff, start with something small and see how that works out. Good luck

Thanks, my sister actually owns with a friend of hers an Etsy store front and she said I should give that a shot as well because they have a section where you can sell vintage items which my radios would be vintage and I've seen other people on there selling old tube radios on there and they usually seem to get their asking prices for their items on there, and my sister told me she could help me set up a page on there.

Lol, that what I was going to say.. For all we know this kids got a room full of MAC tube gear. I kinda thought this smelled of troll.

Sorry to say but I don't have any Macintosh gear, the closest I had to that was an old Apple II computer lol.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!!

Like I said I used to know someone who runs an eBay store about 45 Minutes south of me in a town called Warsaw, but I don't even keep in touch with that guy anymore because I haven't seen in in over 4 years and I don't even go to the church I knew him from anymore (and he doesn't even go to that church anymore either.) So yeah its kind of hard to get a hold of someone like that when you haven't even seen the person in almost 5 years.

So, is there any kind of update for today? It seems like aside from loonze, there were several other options for consideration.

So, is there any kind of update for today? It seems like aside from loonze, there were several other options for consideration.
Well there was one other person who had PM'ed me showing interest in some stereo equipment if I had any which I do have some of.

I'm not satisfied with the end of this thread. Wanna see the radio I got today? I was looking for somewhere to show it off when I came across this confounding conversation. IMG_0168.JPG
Cheers
Adam

Good Day,
The OP has received many solutions to his problem, and also received an offer to buy outside of Bartertown which is against AK rules. The time has come for the OP to review all the suggestions and move forward, as no one posting here other than the OP can make that happen.
Thread Closed!
Regards,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom