Topping D50 vs Schiit Modi Multibit vs Topping D30 vs SMSL M8A DAC

thxbest

Have someone heard and compared these DACs?

1-Topping D50
2-Schiit Modi Multibit
3-Topping D30
4-SMSL M8A DAC

Which of them DACs stand above and does outperform the others in terms of audio quality?

Thanks

Define quality. The D50 is better than the others mentioned according to measurements. As to which sounds better opinions differ.

Sound quality. What's the BEST? :)
In all seriousness. I too might be either looking at a new dac or cd player as I was doing some a/b comparisons between my streamer and cd player, I liked the streamer more.

Have someone heard and compared these DACs?

1-Topping D50
2-Schiit Modi Multibit
3-Topping D30
4-SMSL M8A DAC

Which of them DACs stand above and does outperform the others in terms of audio quality?

Thanks
The only way to know is to try them in your system. In their price range the differences will not be major but the flavor that appeals to you will win. Your speakers or phones will have a lot to say about what fits them best. The schiit multibit sounds different than the delta sigma dacs. The AKM chip is known for it's analog quality while the Sabre is often described as detailed by some, sharp digital sound by others. Of course that is not true across the board, it depends on the implementation. If DSD or MQA is important to you than the schiit isn't for you. I have heard the Topping D30 and found it not offensive but not as good as my cdp. I'm trying the Schiit Multibit in a couple of days snd I may also try the Pro-ject pre box s2, $350 at Audioadvisor. It gets very good reports as well.

Back
Top Bottom