Touch up for "dings" and "scratches" on a black alloy faceplate??

bergun

While moving my stereo system into my new music room... A spare bedroom, I managed to ding/scratch my Yamaha CD player. With that said, I was wondering what would be the best method in either fixing or at least minimize the scratch.

I want to avoid the all powerful Sharpie pen since in the past, I've used one in the past and wasn't happy with non-matching black... As well as having a blue-ish tint when the light hits it just right.

I've had this Yamaha CD player for close to 25 years and this was the first time I've ever damage this CD player in any manner... And its killing me.

Thanks for reading and for any tips!!

Last edited:
Could use a gun bluing solution , and despite that name you can get it in a black finish.

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=1624736...26rvr_id%3D1205523040189&ul_noapp=true&chn=ps

Thanks for the replies... Any advice in how to fill-in a light scratch BEFORE before using a gun bluing/black pen?

I would use a Sharpie and leave things be.

CocoSharpie.jpg

Filling, sanding and finish matching can be opening up a Pandora's box.

Thinned enamel black paint, black calligraphy pens ( for really small scratches ) or the old reliable gun bluing. The standard sharpie uses a variation on india ink and is actually deep purple, it will show over time where the others generally won't.

Mark Gosdin

Back
Top Bottom