Trouble hooking up new DAC

rocknroll1

Trying to hook my H/K cdp up to maverick D2. The cdp only has analog and digital out. The D2 doesn't have analog in so I am trying to use digital. when I hooked it up I got no sound. I then did USB thru my macbook and it was fine. In trying to figure it out I grabbed a dvdp and it worked thru the same digital cable. So is there a different digital cable for cdp and dvdp or do you think my digital output is out on the cdp. It works fine from analog out straight to receiver.

I assume that you are referring to Toslink/Fiber optic cable (red laser). Should be the same cable.

What is the H/K model number?

I assume that you are referring to Toslink/Fiber optic cable (red laser). Should be the same cable.

What is the H/K model number?
Not sure of model # i will look when I get home. It doesn't have optical just digital. It looks similar to an rca plug.

your cdp has coaxial out your dac has coaxial in.
your cable should have rca plugs on either end
you can use a video cable ... usually yellow rca plugs for this

Check out hifi engine. You will need to register, otherwise you will not have access to their posted documents. See service bulletin 9604. It reads that certain serial number FL8300 may have issues with external DACs.

Check out hifi engine. You will need to register, otherwise you will not have access to their posted documents. See service bulletin 9604. It reads that certain serial number FL8300 may have issues with external DACs.
thanks, i was thinking it was in the coaxial somehow.

I checked bulletin and the serial number falls in that range. Nice find franengeo. I will move it to another system without dac. I bought a sony dvp s9000es from a fellow member and will get it next week. I plan on hooking the audio up thru a dac (maverick d2), do you know if a vidoe cable straight to tv will the sound still play thru receiver? Do you recommend using optical or digital cable to DAC? I have both cables.

I checked bulletin and the serial number falls in that range. Nice find franengeo. I will move it to another system without dac. I bought a sony dvp s9000es from a fellow member and will get it next week. I plan on hooking the audio up thru a dac (maverick d2), do you know if a vidoe cable straight to tv will the sound still play thru receiver? Do you recommend using optical or digital cable to DAC? I have both cables.

Use digital coax if you can.

Okay. I would use the coaxial digital out to the DAC, which I assume will be connected to Marantz or Pio.

I would then connect the audio out from the s9000es to the receiver, and connect the video out to the TV using the best available connection between the s9000es and your TV. The best option from the s9000es would be component (red/green/blue connectors) followed by S-Video. You will have DVD video with stereo audio.

The S9000ES is a nice piece, by the way.

Okay. I would use the coaxial digital out to the DAC, which I assume will be connected to Marantz or Pio.

I would then connect the audio out from the s9000es to the receiver, and connect the video out to the TV using the best available connection between the s9000es and your TV. The best option from the s9000es would be component (red/green/blue connectors) followed by S-Video. You will have DVD video with stereo audio.

The S9000ES is a nice piece, by the way.
you lost me when you said "I would then connect the audio out from the s9000es to the receiver". The only thing going to the receiver would be the dad, correct?

Back
Top Bottom