trubutaries tx500

drotti2004

I have a chance to get a tributaries tx500 for 200 but read somewhere the conditioners only restrict a amplifier from its full potential, I have a cambridge azur 650r and bd player and cd player I want to plug in to a tx 500 would this just be a waste of money and take away from my system?

:lurk: FWIW QSC recommends bypassing them, but a home amp isn't likely to draw as much current as a higher wattage pro amp.

I have a chance to get a tributaries tx500 for 200 but read somewhere the conditioners only restrict a amplifier from its full potential, I have a cambridge azur 650r and bd player and cd player I want to plug in to a tx 500 would this just be a waste of money and take away from my system?
I don't know about any of the Tributaries gear, but not all conditioners are current-limiting. The Chang Lightspeed power conditioners, for example, have no current limiting circuitry and will not restrict any amp regardless of its power rating.

I'm surprised at how little current a power amp draws. I have a current monitor on my power conditioners so I can keep track of the current draw. Hitting 7 or 8 amps with a big amp is ridiculously loud. I also mistakenly plugged a smaller 250 wpc amp into the most restricted or conditioned outlet. The amp ran fine when being pushed hard and I didn't notice any difference when I corrected my mistake and put the plug in the correct high current outlet. I wouldn't worry one bit about a decent power conditoner restricting your amps. Whether or not the power conditioner makes a difference soundwise is open to endless debate.

There is a section for plugging in each type of component. Digital; analog, amplifier, etc. The amplifier section has no current limiting. The digital is separate to eliminate noise. Works great...

Back
Top Bottom