Tuners?

kkib,
Really nice selection, especially the 310E. It is the consumer version of the 4310 which is THE tuner that beats the 10b, hands down. How do you like and find the 3000V. Outside of the meter are there differences between it and the 3000IV?

Just dug up this thread whilst searching.

Mine are...........

Audiolab 8000T
Kenwood KT-5500
Pioneer TX-5500
Pioneer TX-8500II
Emerson TETI 8080
Sony ST-S311
Sony ST-S300
Sansui T80

Last edited:
Philips 673 (Fully restored with BG caps and aligned by Punker-x)
Sherwood S-2100 II (also aligned by Punker-x)
Pioneer TX-9500
Sherwood S-3300
Sherwood S-2300
Sherwood S-2200

Jon

My contribution to this post

Marantz 2120
Marantz 2110
Marantz 2100L
Marantz 2100
Marantz 105
Marantz ST 450L
Marantz ST 72L
Pionneer TX 7100

Receivers dont count

Right now I have two A Nikko Gamma 20 Like NIB and my favorite tuner yet a Optonica ST-3535 that sounds as good as many CDs sound. I dont keep much but I think I will keep this one. . . ,.

That's what I have the least of.
Sony ST-J55
Onkyo T-4120
Kenwood KT-313
Kenwood KT-318
I need to get rid of them, since I only listen to sattelite radio now.

Too many mono tuners...

Pilot FA-670
Bell 2222 (simulcast AM-FM)
Dyna FM-1
Heath FM-3

An Olson RA-something stereo FM
Lafayette LR-800 and Fisher 800C receivers
Adtec tuner / preamp (only solid state one I have...)

Only 1 I use is a Magnum Dynalab FT-11. I've got a few collecting cobwebs in the basement though.

Mike

Sansui TU-517 Bigger PS caps, new audio TIP31C amp. Analog. Exactly the same as it's bigger brother the TU-717 except no calibration tone. Very sensitive, fairly selective. Does everything "right."

Toshiba F-15B Stock. Digital. Quiet, sound that seems to rival the TU-517. Great imaging. Mids and highs are extremely detailed. Bass shy because of it's size, probably needs bigger PS caps. Very good sensitivity, fair selectivity, only tunes in .1 increments. A real surprise and a definite "sleeper."

Proton 440 OPA-2604's. Digital. Quiet as they come. Very good, mids and highs with new opamps. Bass is very strong. Good sensitivity, fair selectivity.

Sony ST-J55 OPA-2604. Digital. Great all-around tuner. Tunes in .05 increments, very good sensitivity and selectivity with .05 tuning. Much better overall sound with new opamp. Makes me want a ST-J88.

Rotel RT-500 Bigger PS caps. Analog. Surprisingly sweet sounding little 3 gang 2 filter tuner.

H/K TU-911 Stock. Digital. Very quiet, surprisingly good sound for being bashed by fmtunerinfo. Good sensitivity. Very pleasing sound.

Phillips FM-2121 Stock. Analog. Highs are a little forward. Good bass, good sensitivity. Need more time with this one, good candidate for modding.

Sansui T-707 Stock. Analog with motor drive and Digital readout. Decent sounding, very unique with motor tuning. Surprisingly sensitive and sometimes hard to tune with the motor drive. The tuner locks onto a station and moves the dial for you. Can be overridden though. Also need more time for this one. Good overall tuner.

I've got two

A Kenwood 5300 if memory serves, its in for cleaning...

And an oddball Mitsibushi TA-10 I picked up a couple a weeks ago kinda looks like a silverfaced Sansui BA-5000 amp. Big meters and the tuning dial goes around a half circle !?
Complete with built in rack handles. I needed a tuner for my garage Pioneer 8100 amp. They work fine together..

Anybody running any Mitsy stuff ?:dunno:
Regards
Army

I have:
Marantz 125 (my favorite)
Kenwood KT1000 Audio Purist Series
Denon TU-500

And for those with satellite radio; you can't pick up WCLV! (Cleveland's Classical music station)

Re: Tuners

Originally posted by gyusher
I want to know more about this. . . Probally FM of the future. . . I think I will start looking into it. . ,.

I doubt it will be the near future for sattelite. FM is free and satellite is not. Besides Satellite is digital and I think you know what that sounds like. I have digital music channels on my dish and I never listen to these. I like my FM radio much better.:cool: y

YEAH BABY!

I have the following:

McIntosh MR78/ MPI 4
Kenwood KT 8300
Marantz 2110
Sansui TU 9900

The Rotor antenna goes up tomorrow! I have been dreaming of this for many years. I finally got a house and antenna, almost 30 years after I bought my TU 9900. Better late than never I say.

I have the following tuners.

Sansui TU-717
Sansui T-E550
Kenwood KT-7300
Marantz 2020

There are a lot of big tuners I'd like to have Sansui TU-X1,
Philips 6731 etc .... but I'm very interested in several lesser costly tuners

One is the Sansui TU-S77AMX. It has all four of the AM stereo circuits. Not many tuners covered all the bases but that one did.

" I want to know more about this. . . Probally FM of the future. . . I think I will start looking into it"
The more I listen, the more I like it. I figured out that I was listening to the satellite radio through the TV set, when I fixed that by hooking the Dish Network 811 straight to the pre-amp, it started to sound better. It is still not quite CD quality, but it is OK.
No Commercials! And they seem to have a good selection, I can listen to several of the stations without getting annoyed. That never happens when I listen to regular radio. I probably would not pay for this, but since it is free with dish network, I am glad to have it.

DTV

I remember the music channels on Direct TV. . . . My friend loved it but I couldnt listen very long even for background music. Sounded compressed or something especially after the addition of local channels. I think that cut into their bandwidth.

Re: DTV

Originally posted by gyusher
I remember the music channels on Direct TV. . . . My friend loved it but I couldnt listen very long even for background music. Sounded compressed or something especially after the addition of local channels. I think that cut into their bandwidth.

That is exactly what I meant. I have also had digital cable and it sounded the same on the music channels.

Compressed analog is one thing, but compressed digital is pretty much unlistenable.

Back
Top Bottom