So I’ve decided that the next addition to my system will also be my first DIY project of any stature, a Tavish Design Vintage phono pre. I’ve done a few other very small projects in the past - made my own ICs and a few mono switch boxes (one now on sale on BT!), but nothing of this scale. But amp has gotten great reviews, the design uses a trio of 6SL7 tubes - something that interests me - and the scale of the job may be a little on the ambitious side for someone of my experience but not insurmountable. So out comes the soldering iron. Received the PCB this week with the JFETs already soldered on. I had briefly toyed with the idea of making this strictly an MM phono stage, but after studying how little difference there in how many parts were needed for the MC stage - the JFETs added $15 to the PCB board, and another maybe $20 in other parts from Mouser and Digikey - I ultimately decided to go for the full package. Buying this new would be $600 with the Sovteks or nearly $700 with Tung-sols. I’m hoping to keep it under $400 with the Sovteks and a better, custom chassis - either an all-aluminum from Landfall or a wooden chassis of my own make with an aluminum top-plate from Landfall. The schematics, item list and finished parts-placement diagram are well done on the Tavish instruction sheet. I’ve gotten all the electronic bits in Mouser, Digikey and Amazon carts and will ordering in two or three chunks to make sure I don’t misplace parts.