Tv storage materials instead of foam?

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by ultumax, Feb 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ultumax

ultumax Super Member

my foam and screen protector plastic was all thrown away by an non audiophile family member who treated my old tv like trash . And fed my remote to her dog , so I need a new remote also next time I use it.
    Remotes eviscerated fubar, toast.
    Any ideas of alternatives to styrofoam? To box up a tv .
    Any audio or videophiles would cringe on the thick layers of dust that was on my tv screen looked like it was in a old warehouse for 29 years.
    old sony Bravia Kdl 40EX400
    Was mint condition. Not remote is gone and possibly might need to use an sweeper or something on the top vent to get the dust out .

I’m on low budget can’t afford bubble wrap or anything either or. New styrofoam etc it’s a thicker old lcd.
    Thanks now any help appreciated.
    Any pics of what you use other then styrofoam???

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019

Please register to disable this ad.

2. ultumax

ultumax Super Member

Still no reply did I post it in the wrong forum section?

3. Duane

Duane AK Member Subscriber

:dunno:
    Not understanding your post. Are you wanting to store it? It almost sounds like you're trying to sell it.

4. ultumax

ultumax Super Member

to
    Want To store it , safely with something to protect it other then going out and buying the stuff you would normally ship it with .
    Going to use it later on when I move out . My current room is too small for me to hook two TVs up at once.
    Don’t know if you need to wrap it in anything to protect it from any humidity ima concrete basement my room is too small to store it in there.
    Thank , no I’m not selling it.

5. ultumax

ultumax Super Member

Anyone else have any input on tv storage? Must had picked a bad thread name o well can’t edit it.

6. Duane

Duane AK Member Subscriber

You could use visqueen to tightly wrap the set along with some duct tape to keep the air and dust out. Lowes or HD.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. stratmel

stratmel AK Subscriber Subscriber

What Duane said and a layer or two of flattened cardboard boxes also taped on to give it some cushion.

Enjoy the music,
    -Mark

8. ultumax

ultumax Super Member

Never thought of using cardboard as cushion.
    Not sure how I’ll move my larger led tv if i ever move . My mom forced me to throw the box away cuz it was big but 55” tv not easy to move .
    Thanks any more ideas ? Will this work if original tv box is gone too for my other tv