Twangfest #1 aka Fall KC Get - Together Attendees

Glad some of you first-timers made it to all the way to Kansas for this! Would have liked to have shot the breeze with everybody.I'm going over posts and pics,and remembering what a fine time I had the last few times at the toob spa:D .Sure hated to miss Twangfest- so thanks all for taking the time to post.
Jay- PM sent!

erotic goat accident/incident. Let us never speak of it again.:no:

Russellc

Dude, what happens at Twangfest, stays at Twangfest. Here's a funny story for you, since we're telling stories. Did you notice that my apprentice left early as soon as he finished cooking the first round of burgers? Well, he had never had Toolouds special downhome brownie recipe and ate three all at the same time. He said he was tripping for the whole hour ride home, which felt like ten hours.:zoom::zoom: I swear, kids, what can you do with'em? :no:

Looks and sounds like I missed a great time. Twangfest was the only reason I didn't want ta move.

I know the more of TooLouds brownies I ate the more I was hungry. Definately the best brownie recipe eva:thmbsp:

BTW...russellc....you still got my tubes I called dibs on....:D

Last edited:
Thanks Jay!

Me and the hornshoppe horns had a great time!

Yeah, it was me with the ol parts bin kenwood amp I kept hot swapping tubes. Figured out what was wrong, wasn't tubes AT ALL.

Was a great time, am down for the next one!

Thanks again!

For anybody who was interested, here's the song list for that demo CD...

1 - Fotno (AK member/mod) - In The Pines
2 - Flim & the BB's - Tricycle
3 - Dave Brubeck - Take 5
4 - Jeanie Bryson - Fever
5 - Dire Straits - Your Latest Trick
6 - Eagles - Hotel California (from Hell Freezes Over)
7 - Grateful Dead - Ripple
8 - Glenn Miller - String of Pearls (from In a Digital Mood)
9 - Keb' Mo' - Tell Everybody I Know
10 - Eric Bibb - Charleston Dream
11 - Natalie Merchant - One Fine Day (from movie soundtrack of One Fine Day)
12 - Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo
13 - Jesse Cook - That's Right
14 - Billy McLaughlin - Out of Hand
15 - Art of Noise - Paranoimia
16 - Guiseppe Verdi - Requiem Dies irae
17 - Organic Advisor - New Song #3
18 - Harry Belafonte - There's a Hole in the Bucket
19 - Fotno - Elma Turl

numa - thanks for posting those. That's great to have those available to all, thanks to RayW for letting us have his compilation.

Thanks to Jay and wife as well and to everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledge with me. Can't beat good folks like that......

Looks and sounds like I missed a great time. Twangfest was the only reason I didn't want ta move.

I know the more of TooLouds brownies I ate the more I was hungry. Definately the best brownie recipe eva:thmbsp:

BTW...russellc....you still got my tubes I called dibs on....:D

Yes. I had to leave a little early, so ya lucked out. Should I post some picks and Hicock results for ya?

Russellc

Dude, what happens at Twangfest, stays at Twangfest. Here's a funny story for you, since we're telling stories. Did you notice that my apprentice left early as soon as he finished cooking the first round of burgers? Well, he had never had Toolouds special downhome brownie recipe and ate three all at the same time. He said he was tripping for the whole hour ride home, which felt like ten hours.:zoom::zoom: I swear, kids, what can you do with'em? :no:

Next day doing laundry I had part of one in my pocket still.:scratch2:

Russellc

To the person that donated the stromberg carlson pa amp to me Thank you, I got the amp section up and running but need to work on the pre amp section it has a hum in it. This is a two section unit, now to find more info on it to set the bias. It is sounding ok till the caps get cookin.:music:
Steven A.

Back
Top Bottom