Two Channeling With Zeus and Leo

Cool room.....a roaring fire, good tunes, man's best friend and an adult beverage! What more do you need..

Not much. The only thing missing was a sweet spot for Z.

Mission accomplished..

15931385676_1098d4d7fa_b.jpg

That is one glorious set up you've got there. And, the presence of a big bulldog just makes it POP!

Dave

I think, more than anything, you've captured the fun this hobby offers better than any thread I've yet seen. Logical upgrades, tweaks, integration, and companionship.

My shepherd Zeus (and his brother Apollo) both highly approve. Well done sir.

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. I've just started out in this hobby and it's threads like these that show me what's possible when considering both sound and design, form and function.

Also, it really took me back seeing the Miles Davis autobiography written with Quincy Troupe among your stack of books. Quincy was a professor of mine and would tell some pretty amazing stories about his time with Miles. I ended up taking several of his classes--not in small part to hear more of his stories.

As always, thanks for the comments. It's always nice to see others enjoying this thread as much as I enjoy posting. And Z certainly joins in the sentiments..

I dig the Hawk avatar.

Nice eye. It's a 56 Golden Hawk - here's a better shot of it..

15806330137_5e1da8f33c_b.jpg

Also, it really took me back seeing the Miles Davis autobiography written with Quincy Troupe among your stack of books. Quincy was a professor of mine and would tell some pretty amazing stories about his time with Miles. I ended up taking several of his classes--not in small part to hear more of his stories.

That's awesome! Consider me jealous.

Looking amazing as always buddy!

Thanks! I'm still making those ever-so-slight tweaks - repositioning speakers, changing the sub X-over settings, etc, etc, but I'm about as satisfied as I can be until I get some new furniture to help open the room up a bit.

Z, on the other hand, found his sweet spot immediately..

Last edited:
As a fan of Cary gear (and an owner of 3 of their products in the past when I had disposable income) I've been wondering if you ever consider the CAD120sa amp or one of Cary's other tube amps before settling on the Accphase?

I haven't read all your post so I'm wondering what phono stage you use?

Just stumbled across your thread. I'm very impressed. Nice job. Great equipment.

I received a bottle of Glenlivet aged 15 years for Christmas, sealed with the paper around the bottle in the box. Will that get me in? :D

How do they interlock? Pegs?

No, they're stackable. He does offer a base (with or without wheels), but that's it. No interlocking.

As a fan of Cary gear (and an owner of 3 of their products in the past when I had disposable income) I've been wondering if you ever consider the CAD120sa amp or one of Cary's other tube amps before settling on the Accphase?
I did consider the 120mkII, but I was already familiar with Accuphase (a friend of mine let me borrow his A30 for awhile) and fell in love with its sound. So when a A50 popped up for a decent price on Agone, I jumped at it.
what phono stage do you use?

Ayre P-5xe. I had a Sonic Frontiers for awhile, but the Ayre is vastly superior. I run it balanced too which is a nice (and rare) option.

I have a '52 R-11 truck that my nephew is going to restore. My grandpa bought it new.

Your '56 Stude is beautiful!

Thanks! Would love to see some pics of the truck when it's up and running.

Just stumbled across your thread. I'm very impressed. Nice job. Great equipment.

I received a bottle of Glenlivet aged 15 years for Christmas, sealed with the paper around the bottle in the box. Will that get me in? :D

You had me at "bottle." :beer:

Back
Top Bottom