Two Channeling With Zeus and Leo

As always, thanks for the comments. Nice to see I'm not the only one excited to see these. Speakers shipped out today.. keeping my fingers crossed they get here by the weekend..

Came in today. At 92 lbs each, they're quite stunning - the pictures really don't do them justice. Still gathering my thoughts on how to describe their sound, but my immediate impression was that the music just jumps out of them - they're just incredibly more dynamic and detailed than my Focus Audio's. Looking forward to working my REL sub into the mix tomorrow and giving a more thorough review..

Those are stunning cabinets but I cant' help wondering if you can you bake cornbread in those drivers. Even if you can't I'm guessing you will love those speakers for a long while.

Happy holidays everyone. Some updated pics..

39243913031_ab9dba9403_b.jpg

39216003862_91fe94d300_b.jpg

39244078361_159e2367b1_b.jpg

38536383734_9b64ef28fa_b.jpg

39244333551_14aca12dc5_b.jpg

38368651495_d6bee96d4b_b.jpg

37581766340_8340973743_b.jpg

Last edited:
I know you had concerns about your amp being a good match to your new speakers. Are your satisfied w/ the synergy or will you be looking into a more powerful power amp? Do you have any updated comments after owning them for a while now?

I know you had concerns about your amp being a good match to your new speakers. Are your satisfied w/ the synergy or will you be looking into a more powerful power amp? Do you have any updated comments after owning them for a while now?

Yes, I did have some worries, but they proved to be unfounded. My room is 15 x 18, and I sit about 10 feet away from my speakers (which are about 8 ft apart). Within these parameters, I have found I have plenty of juice for my Thiels, and feel my amp has more to give. I do listen at fairly loud levels with all types of music. Suffice to say, I have zero plans to move on from my current amp.

As for the speakers, after almost 4 months of listening I've concluded that they are everything the reviews say - incredibly transparent and dynamic with fast, taut bass that blends seamlessly into as life-like of a presentation as I have ever listened to. I've had a chance to compare them extensively with some similar priced setups - most notably a pair of B&W 802D3s/Classe Monoblocks and Sonus Faber Oympica IIIs/McIntosh MC302 - and each time I came back to my Thiels I never found myself wanting (although the SF setup sounded pretty spectacular). Add the fact that they give off a museum quality aesthetic.. well, let's just say my speaker upgrade path is postponed indefinitely.

Cheers,

David

That's a top shelf system! Just wonderful! Love the speakers.....what speaker cable are you using and what's the cabling/power cords throughout your system if you don't mind? Or if you can point me to a posting where you've already listed your cabling?

That's a top shelf system! Just wonderful! Love the speakers.....what speaker cable are you using and what's the cabling/power cords throughout your system if you don't mind? Or if you can point me to a posting where you've already listed your cabling?

Thanks! Using Acoustic Zen throughout (Satori/Reference II) with Shunyata Venom PCs..

Back
Top Bottom