Two Channeling With Zeus and Leo

Decided to try the long wall set up again. The room is roughly 15' 6" by 20" 6" so it should be able to handle either configuration. My sub measured much better, and the soundstage seems improved, but I think I may be suffering from some deflections behind the listening spot. Ordered an "Acoustifuser" panel from Next Generation Acoustics for the rear wall - it's my first formal sound treatment for the room, so I'm curious how it will play out..

27849614837_75a4e8185d_b.jpg

Regrettably, no Zeus this time. The steps upstairs are a little challenging for the old man, so his visits are a little less frequent these days :(

Last edited:
Decided to try the long wall set up again. The room is roughly 15' 6" by 20" 6" so it should be able to handle either configuration. My sub measured much better, and the soundstage seems improved, but I think I may be suffering from some deflections behind the listening spot. Ordered an "Acoustifuser" panel from Next Generation Acoustics for the rear wall - it's my first formal sound treatment for the room, so I'm curious how it will play out..

Regrettably, no Zeus this time. The steps upstairs are a little challenging for the old man, so his visits are a little less frequent these days :(

And that great chair is not in the sweet spot. :dunno:

It sure made me happy to see this thread again! It has been a few years since I have seen it pop up, though I have been absent from AK for a while. Some seriously beautiful upgrades to your already dreamy system. Thanks for sharing, my friend!

Cheers,
Jared

And that great chair is not in the sweet spot. :dunno:

Lol. Good catch, but no worries - it's destined for another room. House is going through a renovation that will give me a second setup for the downstairs.

It sure made me happy to see this thread again! It has been a few years since I have seen it pop up, though I have been absent from AK for a while. Some seriously beautiful upgrades to your already dreamy system. Thanks for sharing, my friend!

Cheers,
Jared

Thanks Jared!

So happy to see this pop up when I was viewing some of the setups. Still my favorite on AK! Congrats...especially on the new beautiful speakers! I look forward to seeing pics of Zeus with his new downstairs system. :beerchug:

Lol. Good catch, but no worries - it's destined for another room. House is going through a renovation that will give me a second setup for the downstairs.

Thanks Jared!
Please do! My wife is a great fan of Zeus and she asks me to look in here for new pictures regularly. How is he doing these days?
Lovely sytem and space, by the way.

Aesthetically. Your system is the bar I hold my own to. I have followed it since you started this thread. I am always amazed by it. May it continue to provide you enjoyment and fulfillment.

Nice! Did you pick up the one for sale on USAudiomart?

No.. got it from my local dealer. VPI had a decent trade-in offer for my JMW so I took the plunge. Surprised by the improved level of detail from both upgrades. The fat boy also added some weight to the low end. Really happy with how everything sounds..

No.. got it from my local dealer. VPI had a decent trade-in offer for my JMW so I took the plunge. Surprised by the improved level of detail from both upgrades. The fat boy also added some weight to the low end. Really happy with how everything sounds..

Did you go from a regular 3D wand to the fat boy or from a metal wand? I have two 3D wands and two metal (JMW) wands and I must say the benefit is totally cart dependent. There is a substantial weight difference between these wands. I believe the fat boy is heavier than the 3D and is said to be even better performing? I would be unable to trade in a wand because I have carts on all four of mine. In fact I could use a fifth for the Hana ML I picked up. One of the reasons I decided on the VPI was the ease to switch carts. Of course you need dedicated wands but it takes less than a minute.

I went from the metal to the fat boy. The Airtight was first installed on the JMW so I had some time to listen to it with and without the Fatboy. I do believe the Fatboy made a difference on its own, albeit not as much as the Airtight.

I read a little about the Hana. Sounds like a nice cartridge. What are your other ones?

Back
Top Bottom