Two Channeling With Zeus and Leo

As for the Focus Audio speakers, I just got lucky. I wanted small floor standers (my room just isn't big enough for true full range speakers). Called a dealer about some Acoustic Zen Adagios after reading some rave reviews. He had a pair of FAs and suggested I listen to them instead.

Any specific reason you got turned off to the Adagios? I heard a pair at a dealer a few years ago and was impressed, unfortunately it was while I was traveling, and never had a second listen & no dealers in SE Mi.

They also have seem to hold their used price and it has actually gone up over the last couple years.

BTW, nice system and photos.

Thanks again for all the comments. There are plenty of amazing and interesting systems on this forum. Glad to be a part of it.

Any specific reason you got turned off to the Adagios?

My decision was based in part because I did not have the opportunity to listen to the Adagios. Both dealers who were near me sold their floor models before I could demo them. However, one other thing that swayed me was the quality components that made up the Focus Audios. They use a scanspeak tweeter and two eton drivers which are of very high quality. The drivers in the Adagios were not on the same level, so I felt confident moving forward on the FAs (at a similar price point) without doing further demoing. I did listen to some Dynaudios, Phase and Paradigm speakers just to be sure, but found them all wanting when compared to the FAs. Of course, everyone's two ears are different..

Wow. beautiful set up. So much care and attention. it shows. Thanks for posting. Look forward to hearing/seeing more from you.

:thmbsp:

Cool dog by the way

Thanks. Zeus rocks. He's a big Floyd fan. Especially side A of Animals. Seriously..

5503895262_743e3f3225_b.jpg

Lol. Those are Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables. When I first got them, I thought they looked ridiculous..

Great stuff man. The room looks very comfortable, I love those VPI tables, and the dog is super cool too. Awesome! :thmbsp:

Added a few of my office system..

5570295394_26061dd2df_b.jpg

Era Design 4 speakers

5569708223_265c56c161_b.jpg

Yes, that's my dirty sock on the floor..

5570295906_21ca6ca018_b.jpg

5570296224_064ec0e8fc_b.jpg

Denon 2900 SACD

5570296504_3e141b1893_b.jpg

McIntosh 4300V receiver

5570296758_60b07b4fb2_b.jpg

MSB Gold Link DAC (optical out from iMac); Philips 795 CD Recorder; Nakamichi RX303

I really like your setups. The dog looks awesome, too, but I could live without the dirty sock. :)

It looks like an ergotron mount on your desk, I have had a couple and they really help clear some desk space.

Back
Top Bottom