U-Turn Audio’s $150 Orbit turntable- pic

That thread about whether or not vintage turntables are better then new has just gotten sunk by this.

facepalm.jpg

My only worry would be the bearing on that tone arm. Otherwise, it's amazing to think that it could be good at that price point!

All depending on how the final product turns out there must be quite a few mfgs in the sub $500 turntable market sweating and wondering what will happen to their market share if the U-Turn is a decent performer at a rock bottom price.

My only worry would be the bearing on that tone arm. Otherwise, it's amazing to think that it could be good at that price point!

It's a unipivot, I think someone pointed this out...should fairly easy to do...

Russellc

Found a couple of additional photos of the Orbit turntable on their Facebook page. First one is similar to the one already posted in this thread, but slightly different. Platter looks metallic...aluminum? The second pic unfortunately has a neon-effect Photoshop filter on it, but nevertheless, you can see that this pic shows a different turntable with a glossy finish (as evidenced by the reflection of the platter/belt/pulley onto the plinth. Also you can see that the arm has a low-slung/under-slung counterweight to lower the center of gravity, like on some Pro-Ject tables. Sorry the first picture is huge; that's how it originally is.

621158_215160938611743_983064986_o.jpg

259683_214536182007552_2038887428_o.jpg

Found a couple of additional photos of the Orbit turntable on their Facebook page. First one is similar to the one already posted in this thread, but slightly different. Platter looks metallic...aluminum? The second pic unfortunately has a neon-effect Photoshop filter on it, but nevertheless, you can see that this pic shows a different turntable with a glossy finish (as evidenced by the reflection of the platter/belt/pulley onto the plinth. Also you can see that the arm has a low-slung/under-slung counterweight to lower the center of gravity, like on some Pro-Ject tables. Sorry the first picture is huge; that's how it originally is.

AR and Garrard had tables with low weights back in the 60s. :thmbsp:

Their website is down for a product launch re-design. Seems promising!

I was wondering about that! I had been checking their website often to see if there were any updates, and noticed the past couple days the site was down. I'd hoped that signified a product launch. But now it just looks like the old site is back up. Hmmm.....

Thank you for your interest and well wishes. The Orbit turntable is going to be introduced at the end of this month through a campaign on kickstarter.com.

Best,
Peter Maltzan

Back
Top Bottom