Uh-oh, the darkside is calling

invaderzim

My DIY First Watt clone amp by the computer blew a fuse after a botched board change so I parked it for awhile and dusted off an old receiver to use for awhile. As I was hooking it up it hit me that it had all these nice buttons for selecting things like CD or Phono on the front and I remembered the old turntable (which I'd call more of a record player) in the closet so I just got it out and hooked it up. Now the first record I ever bought (Steve Miller Band's Greatest Hits 1974-1978) is playing on the first turntable I ever bought (Sony LX52Y) through my first receiver (Kenwood KR-A5040) and out through the first speakers I ever bought (Paradigm Phantom V1). Man I hold onto stuff way too long.
I realize those aren't high end and I could be doing damage to the records but it is still fun to reminisce.
tt.jpg

My DIY First Watt clone amp by the computer blew a fuse after a botched board change so I parked it for awhile and dusted off an old receiver to use for awhile. As I was hooking it up it hit me that it had all these nice buttons for selecting things like CD or Phono on the front and I remembered the old turntable (which I'd call more of a record player) in the closet so I just got it out and hooked it up. Now the first record I ever bought (Steve Miller Band's Greatest Hits 1974-1978) is playing on the first turntable I ever bought (Sony LX52Y) through my first receiver (Kenwood KR-A5040) and out through the first speakers I ever bought (Paradigm Phantom V1). Man I hold onto stuff way too long.
I realize those aren't high end and I could be doing damage to the records but it is still fun to reminisce.
View attachment 1310743
As some old friends used to say..."run whatcha brung." :cool:

It has been 20 years since I played any of these records and over 30 since I bought any.
No looking back now. Phil Collins is sounding like Phil Collins again. Inside out.....

Back
Top Bottom