Unassembled & unopened Cit I and Cit II kits!

Are you the seller (and I don't mean that in a bad way at all, if you are good luck) but I simply didn't think you can tell how many watchers there are unless you are the seller. Am I wrong or missing something here?

I'm not the seller. However, if you go to http://www.watcheditem.com , you can look up items and it tells you how many watchers there are. I found the site the other day and checked it against the watchers on the auctions I'm running, it looks genuine.

I did not mean to start anything here.... :)

Well I've been a seller on ebay since ebay pretty much began (god has it really been 13 years lol?). Anyhow, I had no idea about the above link. I wonder if it's accurate?

I'm not the seller. However, if you go to http://www.watcheditem.com , you can look up items and it tells you how many watchers there are. I found the site the other day and checked it against the watchers on the auctions I'm running, it looks genuine.

Sorry for the OT post. :bash:

What a cool site! I love it. Duly bookmarked.
I was just wondering the other day if there was some type of software that would do this.

Thanks for the link. :thmbsp:

loomis said:
Well I've been a seller on ebay since ebay pretty much began (god has it really been 13 years lol?). Anyhow, I had no idea about the above link. I wonder if it's accurate?
I thought ebay was older than that. Circa 1994/95?

I was doing a random search the other day and the site popped up. It looked like a lame aggregate site at first but then I noticed the little extra...

Ive seen that before.
Its good from a bidders standpoint to know how much interest there is in an item you are looking at.
A hicup in the ebay watch count is that it only counts the people that use the ebay watch system. Cant see pages added to favorites in your browser.

I sell many things on ebay with a last second snipe hit with out having any watchers displayed.

Same way Im gonna win that Cit 1. :yes::no::yes::no: :D

I sell many things on ebay with a last second snipe hit with out having any watchers displayed.

Same way Im gonna win that Cit 1. :yes::no::yes::no: :D

There are all of those bidding services and programs out there. I'm sure some of them let you keep a watch list in an easier fashion than the auction site.

The most I ever spent on a single auction was $350. The most I ever spent outside of an auction on tube gear was $600, although that was for 2 Dynaco amps, a preamp and a tuner. These two items are way out of range for me.

I think ebay started near the end off 1995. I've been a member for 13 years. So I may have joined after it was up for a year? Either way, it's been a long time lol.

These kits always bring megabucks, but aren't the 40-50 year old caps garbage by now???

Sure. They should all be replaced before its assembled. (He says with a lump in his throught whilst wringing his hands)

You get to read my mind here... Picture this in a little bubble over my head with me looking off in the distance dreamily.

"Wouldnt it be great to assemble a Citation 1 with all new style High quality Capacitors. Not only would the wiring be simplified from mess because all of the modern caps are 1/2 size or less but the sound has the potential to be outstanding. You also have the ability to change and add things at a ground level.
Really a Tube Audio, get your hands dirty, wet dream

GHulp"

Note that if a true collector buys these things, they will only be stored in a dry place until his estate auction (and not assembled) ... :)

Note that if a true collector buys these things, they will only be stored in a dry place until his estate auction (and not assembled) ... :)

Yeah. What a waste that would be.
I dont know how much somrthing like that would go for but Im willing to look around my gear and ask for volunteers to give up a seat. Ive always had a hankerin' for a Cit 1. For me, that would be a lifetime preamp.

Im thinking of a number :scratch2:

I'd yank the iron, the tubes, and the sockets out and ditch the rest.:yes:

My wet dream is the II, and I would NOT ditch the rest. I would replace the caps and test and replace the resistors as needed, but I would keep the circuit as HK designed it. Of course, this is likely to sell for more then the used car I just had to purchase last month and my wife would sue for divorce if I even bid on it much less won it and I wwwaaannntttt it SO BAD!:tears:

Would someone be so kind as to supply the auction numbers for these kits? I've search but can't seem to find them.

Thx

--J

Would someone be so kind as to supply the auction numbers for these kits? I've search but can't seem to find them.

Thx

--J

Unfortunately, that's not permitted in this forum. However, they're easy to find. If I can find them, anybody can. Just go to eBay and do a search on Citation I (with a capital "i"), and then do another one for Citation II. They're both there.

Back
Top Bottom