Unexpected matched unit

canton

Anyone have the experience of putting together a set up fast to have something to listen to and found OH this sounds nice without trying. ? My first experience with this situation was a pair of Bogen 110's and a pair of KLH 17's bam must have been the room size right?
Canton

I assume you are referring to the DB110s - nothing much wrong with a nice vintage 6V6GT tube stereo system on vintage KLH 17s for a quick setup. Are these restored or original condition?

Had the old caps etc underneath that were bad done but noting beyound that. Imagine if I ever get it completely rubuilt it would sound really nice. Although from where it stands now it is very nice sounding. So I don't think you would call them restored yet. I find them to be nice and something I would put a few dollars into to really bring out the most in them. Amazing what 10-12 watts can put out to my ears. You have a pair also.? I got a pair of the 20;s also ever listen to them? 6L6's
Canton

No, I sold off most of my Bogen amps some years back along with many, many others that I had collected over the years. I do still have a number of the higher power M120 & MX-60A amps remaining, plus a K10 that is often used for guitar amp purposes.

There are some AKers here with the DB20s - a search of the forum might pull up some older threads.

Thanks might be interesting to see what others did with the 20's I would not mind using one for a harp amp if it is considered a good idea. Have to ask around. The little 110s have a nice sweet sound and I may one day have then done over but I have other amps that need attention that are more to my tatse or at lease to what I would like to listen to matched with certain speakers.
Canton.

Back
Top Bottom