Unidentified speaker, unique cabinet, anybody have a clue? 2 pics

thats a jbl speaker? I've spent over an hour looking at photos of older JBLs I cannot ID it, any idea what model, I like the shape of the cabinet and thought it might be some kind of vintage "find" 33h x 20w x 15d, oh well, thanks for playing bakes I appreciate it

pat

Last edited:
Got a shot of the back? Is there just one? Can you open it up to get a shot of the backside of the woofer?

Oh and is that the grill cover just to the left. Howe about a shot with the cover on.

Very interesting woodwork. I like the way the curve cuts right into the miter.

I'm betting DIY due to the layout of the drivers and the lack of a port tube. I'd get them and find the right woofer to clone (or improve upon) the JBL L100, L36, or whatever the internal cabinet volume comes close to.

The detail around the L-pads and the lack of a port vent pipe indicate that this was home-brew.

Is that woofer paper-edge surround? If so, that configuration would greatly benefit from a fabric-edge woofer (lower resonance, higher excursion).

Regards,
Gordon.

Sorry about the delay, busy weekend, The pair was on craiglist chambana.

I was hoping to see them as I was traveling down to see my daughter. The guy never called me back. I never got to see or hear them. Those are the only pictures.

I thought the curved cabinet was unique as well.

I guess I misspoke when I first posted. I was trying to determine if it was a speaker design, model or manufacturer that anyone had seen before.

Thanks to all

Pat

The cabinets look nice, but that overhang at the top is not a good idea, dispersion-wise.
I'd say DIY by somebody with very good cabinet-making skills.

Back
Top Bottom