Unofficial features / wants in the new AK format 8-)

If I may, I would like to respectfully suggest that a new first post be inserted in this thread, that consolidates each request, so one can see if anyone else has already requested what you were going to request. If some admin or mod has already determined what the response will be, that could be put in the list with the suggestion. If something is being addressed, that would be nice to know. Such an addition could be a powerful tool for suggesters (sorry, had to coin my own). If someone makes a suggestion in a post, folks can agree with "Likes," and a suggestion's "Like" count can be assessed by the admins. I know this is not a democratic institution, but popular weight might be a valid consideration in look/feel/capability decisions. As desires are addressed, admins and mods can tick off the item in the list, or post a formal denial or modification, and members can feel like they are being heard, one way or the other. This should reduce the rancor and expressions of helplessness being expressed round about.

I would also like to request that, once one finds or submits one's suggestion/request/preference, that one does not post complaints about said condition/characteristic/capability in the forums. Folks in the forums (actually fora), could link complaining members to the initial post in this thread for status/disposition, or so they can log their own complaint or suggestion.

The way things are, we have what amounts to an explosion in a BB factory. Heeding folks will be an almost impossible task, for mods and admins, and who really has time to search for valid concerns/suggestions/preferences/desires?

I realize that heeding this request will make maintenance of this thread a burden in itself, but a worthy burden, IMHO. If given the necessary permissions and powers, I might be persuaded to take the job.

Just a few thoughts,
Rich P

There are contrast issues throughout. Gray on gray. I'm sure the moderators have this on their to-do list.
There are contrast issues throughout
. Gray on gray. I'm sure the moderators have this on their to-do list.
There are contrast issues throughout. Gray on gray. I'm sure the moderators have this on their to-do list.

Another request for #502 - the return of the full members list. ;)

I posted this in the wrong thread, realised too late, and now I can't edit or delete it. :(

^^ This ^^

For access to your watched thread list, in the "Watched Thread" page, only such threads with unread posts in them are revealed. However, you can see them all, by selecting "Show all watched threads," in the bottom of the listing pane.

Enjoy,
Rich P

This seems like the best route to take. Thanks!

So I started it, and I'm up to page 15.......of 227 pages of threads. Might as well settle in, this could take awhile!

How about automatically subscribing to threads that a member posts in?

It seems to work for me from PC but not for mobile. I have issues with touchscreens anyway as my meathooks are a little insensitive after decades of working on old cars and mangling my right index fingertip years ago, so mobile is always a challenge for me, never mind having to find a little tiny checkbox and hit it.

Back
Top Bottom