Upgrade has been postponed

Your point while technically valid is somewhat accusing and inflammatory towards the sites management.

While I am not defending the symbol it is also widely used as a astronomical representation of the planet Earth.

I prefer to view it in a less negative fashion as more a representation of the diverse members of this forum as inhabitants of the Earth.

EDIT: I guess I am defending the symbol ... but more the reasoning behind its use by non ass clowns .. unlike the KKK et all

Frannie

Crap.

I'm neither accusing nor being inflammatory. Just stating that it skivs me out when I see it used for anything other than the alchemical symbol for Earth. I'd have the same gut response if someone was using swastikas for 'x's in their logo, even though I'm extremely aware of its Hindu, Buddhist and Navajo roots.

Same goes for how Swastika is perceived here after used by Hitler/Nazi (even though Nazi tilted it 45 degrees, still it looks same).
It was/is a sacred Hindu symbol and still being used by billions but have hatred in US due to one bad guy using.

Just because someone uses a good symbol for bad things, should it be banned from everywhere? No.
What if terrorists use symbol of cross to kill millions? Do we ban cross afterwards?

Focus on the good meaning of symbols, not on how bad guys used it.

Terrorists DID use the symbol of the cross to kill millions. It was called the Crusades.

I sure am looking forward to moving past all this. Everyone should read luvvinvinyl's post, quoted above by Frannie. Says it all.

51843NQ02YL.jpg

This tweaked Os in this logo don't quite do it for me ... its unsubtle.

This one looks better made, and has links to the previous design -

ak_logo_large_trans.png

I like the Fagen reference, too!

My always figured the font came from this album cover, as simple as that and nothing sinister.

Donald_Fagen_-_Kamakiriad.jpg

Last edited:
This tweaked Os in this logo don't quite do it for me ... its unsubtle.

This one looks better made, and has links to the previous design -

ak_logo_large_trans.png

I like the Fagen reference, too!

What she said. The logo has been around from the beginning, has roots in Kamikari as founder, and, aside from the color changes, has been an accepted representation of AK. I know that not everyone likes everything about AK, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Let's get back to talking about how we can support or help the AK management in getting their update completed, please?

Terrorists DID use the symbol of the cross to kill millions. It was called the Crusades.

I'd like to thank rnorton for making a strong argument for the retention of the "ignore" feature with the upgrade. Well done.

While terrorists might not be the best-fitting term, rnorton made a good point and, incidentally, one that I also pondered posting a few pages back, but did not. I'd have couched it differently but the sentiment would have been consistent.

What in-the-he\\ is this thread topic again?

Just farting around Luther-- the logo is a tad more soothing and clean on a less contrasting background hue. With or without noise...the glow blends and is less jaggy around the text. ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I know you've got a hellava lot on your plate ...this is merely food for thought.

While terrorists might not be the best-fitting term, rnorton made a good point and, incidentally, one that I also pondered posting a few pages back, but did not. I'd have couched it differently but the sentiment would have been consistent.

I guess you two don't embarrass easy.

Mhardy, is that an actual page from the early days? I got in 2 years and a couple months along. Don't recall that.

Mhardy, is that an actual page from the early days? I got in 2 years and a couple months along. Don't recall that.

Yes, that was the top page in the early days...that screenshot was gleaned from the wayback machine,and comes from January 2003.

I've been here since sometime in 2002 (Sept, IIRC)... so I actually don't feel that bad about the magnitude of my post count :p

Thanks to the Wayback machine :)

attachment.php

Wowsi - for someone, AudioKarma meant geezer speakers!!

(jk - I know that's a JBL Paragon!)

The current silver textured page is cleaner ...

That navigation doohickey looks like a small TIE-freighter. I wonder what the repair button led to, upgrading the server? Probably forum for broken gear repairs.

Back
Top Bottom