Using Pyle for sous vide cooking

Gnesen

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I told my wife that I’d like to try out sous vide cooking, so she gave me a heater, container and sealer for my birthday. It turns out the sealer is made by Pyle. Yes, the same Pyle that has some notoriety for making relatively poor audio gear. We’ll see how it goes.

By the way, the heater comes with Bluetooth to be used with a phone app. Not sure how helpful this will be, except the app will save cooking conditions by recipe.

I will update after seeing the results.

26D85981-101A-4EF3-9011-430930517595.jpeg
90033189-D0DF-4A75-AB45-48437A7ACFC5.jpeg

Last edited:
The Anova heater and Pyle sealer worked very well. I gave the pork chops a quick sear on the grille after pulling them out of the bath. I've never been a big fan of pork chops, mostly because of the texture, but these turned out pretty good. Nicely moist and tender. Looking forward to trying some other cuts.

On another positive note, now that the weather is getting cooler in the upper Midwest, I won't mind using this thing regularly. Heat, humidification and cooking all in one step.

For those enduring the deep freeze in the Midwest, sous vide cooking is a good way to heat and humidify the house in one step. Working on some chicken breasts right now, while adding some supplemental heat and water vapor to the house.

Edit: I see I made the same point in a post last year. The cold must be getting to my brain.

Last edited:
Sous vide cooking reminds me of the boil in bags that Banquet had back in the 80s.
Hell, they had them in the sixties. I cooked hundreds of them They were cheap too. I was cooking them while I was in my single digits. Turkey, roast beef and gravy, salisbury steak. They were great over toast. Perfect for after school. Mama kept stacks in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom