Vaccination - a reminder!

I got mine after contracting Pneumonia. It was enough to convince me that I NEVER want to get that again! BTW, I turn 61 next week

I got mine after contracting Pneumonia. It was enough to convince me that I NEVER want to get that again! BTW, I turn 61 next week
I got mine about 5 years ago at age 55. When would I need to start thinking about the new one?
Just to clarify. If you are high risk and only got the Pneumovax 23, you may want to consider the Prevnar 13. Consult your MD. Otherwise, wait until you are 65 and get the 2 shot series. Once you are on Medicare Part B, they cover it.

I came down with Shingles around the beginning of May of this year. The breakouts are gone but I still nerve pain in a couple of spots. When I first came down with it they declared me so infectious I had to be hospitalized. What I suffered from I wouldn't wish even on someone I didn't like. This all from a Chicken Pox vaccination I didn't get.
After an illness from a few years back the doc's say I have a compromised immune system so they advised I get flu-shots. So now I get flu-shots.

My brother got shingles at about age 55 and was one of the 1% who get permanent nerve pain where the lesions were. The only saving grace is that he already has chronic back pain and he says only one of them actually hurts very bad at a time because he doesn't think his brain can handle both! :confused:

Rabies...

I just had to get the vaccine and the prophylactic immunoglobulin shots for rabies. Started the series on Monday. Only three more to go! No fun!

Got my flu shot last week. Kudos to all who have received theirs.
Must have gotten bitten by something.

I had that thought too but 'prophylactic' is preventative so...maybe working at an animal shelter?

Last summer I heard a radio program (some show on NPR on a weekend) about a girl who had been bitten by a bat that flew into a church and knocked itself out. She picked it up (like a dummy) and carried it outside and it bit her. She thought nothing of it and didn't get sick for awhile, but almost died because it went undiagnosed for some time. Yikes.

32 people responded and 17 of them all got their life altering/ ruining their life altering disease , all from getting the flu shot. ... there are millions of people whose lives are getting ruined by vaccinations and the government knows how bad it is and they have a compensation fund for it.

1) they noted they got their disease after getting the shot. Correlation does not equal causation. They cannot say from this that they got the disease from getting the shot. However, it is quite possible there is some rare personal susceptibility that we are unaware of that could be detected before getting the shot, but this only indicates that it could exist.
2) "millions" of people's lives ruined? What evidence is there for this?

Must have gotten bitten by something.

I work in the ICU and I took care of a guy who had rabies.

They are vaccinating care givers who took close care of him. There has never been a documented case of a health care worker getting the disease or of human to human spead. That said, it’s a pretty big gamble when you consider a few shots will pretty much keep you safe. So I got the shots.

I got a flu shot and a pneumonia shot about 6 weeks ago. Same arm and an inch or less apart. It was the first time for the pneumonia shot. My arm was sore that evening and the next morning it was swollen, red and had heat in it and was very sore to move. By day 3 I went to get it looked at and was told it was from getting both injections so close together. Told me to take Benedryl and an anti inflammatory and a couple of days later it was fine.

@HTHMAN whats you opinion and experience with this?IMG_0215.jpeg

I got a flu shot and a pneumonia shot about 6 weeks ago. Same arm and an inch or less apart. It was the first time for the pneumonia shot. My arm was sore that evening and the next morning it was swollen, red and had heat in it and was very sore to move. By day 3 I went to get it looked at and was told it was from getting both injections so close together. Told me to take Benedryl and an anti inflammatory and a couple of days later it was fine.

@HTHMAN whats you opinion and experience with this?View attachment 1333742
My wife and I got our flu shots at the same time. I had no reaction and her arm looked just like yours. Just a local reaction that went away after a few days. Probably had nothing to do with getting the pneumonia shot recently. You can just treat it like a bug bite-cool compress, Benadryl etc. Do not let it deter any future flu shots.

My wife and I got our flu shots at the same time. I had no reaction and her arm looked just like yours. Just a local reaction that went away after a few days. Probably had nothing to do with getting the pneumonia shot recently. You can just treat it like a bug bite-cool compress, Benadryl etc. Do not let it deter any future flu shots.

Thank you. I got both shots about 2 minutes apart and nearly one on top of the other. What I was later told is it is recommended to not have both shots in the same arm. Is this wrong? My reaction was just from the flu shot?

I am also one of those individuals that has mild flu symptoms are getting a flu shot. Some say that isn't possible. I say BS. It has happened every time I have gotten a flu shot.

Back
Top Bottom