Valve "ART".......

chops

I was just messing around a bit tonight with my amp, taking pictures of it with the new NOS Siemens EL34 tubes. They have been burning in for the past 5+ hours and I can already hear an improvement over the other EL34 quads I have.

Anyway, I just really thought this picture came out good. It was done by shutting the flash off, hand holding the camera, and having my brother jt1stcav wave a flashlight over it real fast. Yes, we looked stupid doing it, especially him, but whatever works! :D

I left it kinda big in case anyone wants to use it as their wallpaper. It's 1024 x 768..... ENJOY!!

DSCF0895.jpg

If you like the Siemans better than the others then you need to get some Mullards. I had a Dyna ST-70 that I needed to retube and traded 2 good used Mullards for a quad of NOS Siemans.
Scored some more ST-70s and ended up with quite a few Mullards and a quad of Amperex.
The Mullards make the Amperex sound OK which were quite a bit better than the Siemans. All my ST-70s are long gone and I just have one quad of Mullards left and they have lots of hours on them, but they all test strong and are within 2% of each other on the tester.
I want to build some mono blocks with a pair of 6V6s parralled and an EL-34 that I can switch back and forth to using the same SE OPT.
I have a pair of chromed EH Scott chassis with chromed potted chokes and huge power supply transformers that I can get the bell ends chromed. 50 lbs chromed SE mono blocks using only chokes and a single 1 uF cap in the PS. No resisters in the amp, nothing but chokes.

Back
Top Bottom