Vato's Living Room HT/AV System

Simply beautiful, Jesse! :thmbsp: Tell us about your HT PC. I'd be interested to hear some details about it if you built it yourself.

Simply beautiful, Jesse! :thmbsp: Tell us about your HT PC. I'd be interested to hear some details about it if you built it yourself.

Thank you! Yes, I built the computer myself to do duty as a media PC. The case is a Silverstone brand that I ordered from Newegg which has a very nice brushed aluminum face plate. It is no light weight by any means, very solid feel and weight to boot.

The processor is an AMD Phenom Black Edition 9850 quad core, EVGA nVidia 8800 GTS graphics card, Lite-On DVD-RW, 3 gigs of Corsair memory, Gigabyte MB, and a Hitachi 500 gb hard drive and Windows Media Center Edition for the OS.

Here is a closeup shot.

attachment.php

Attachments

• HTPC.jpg
    HTPC.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Thank you! Yes, I built the computer myself to do duty as a media PC. The case is a Silverstone brand that I ordered from Newegg which has a very nice brushed aluminum face plate. It is no light weight by any means, very solid feel and weight to boot.

The processor is an AMD Phenom Black Edition 9850 quad core, EVGA nVidia 8800 GTS graphics card, Lite-On DVD-RW, 3 gigs of Corsair memory, Gigabyte MB, and a Hitachi 500 gb hard drive and Windows Media Center Edition for the OS.

Here is a closeup shot.

attachment.php

I really like this..

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Very well done!

I wish I had the talent (and patience) for such nice woodworking.

You have motivated me to get the HTPC put back together!

Looks good Jesse! That cabinet came out really nice and everything fits perfectly in it. I need to make a trip out to Queen Creek one of these days and see/hear all the new stuff you've got.

Also, someday I need to build an HT PC too; my DVR fills up too fast.

Beautiful Cabinet Work Jess! The Bostons fit nicely and look great also.

You sure are good with wood :D

Looks good Jesse! That cabinet came out really nice and everything fits perfectly in it. I need to make a trip out to Queen Creek one of these days and see/hear all the new stuff you've got.

Also, someday I need to build an HT PC too; my DVR fills up too fast.

Thanks, MF. If you ever need help with that let me know.

i cant believe the crap you watch on TV..lol

What can I say? :D

Beautiful Cabinet Work Jess! The Bostons fit nicely and look great also.

You sure are good with wood :D

Thanks, CB. Also, look forward to meeting up with you this Saturday. I got some stuff for you.

Nice HT setup, great looking HTPC too! What are you using for the rears (or is this a 3 channel setup)?

I have the other Polk speakers but not connected at this time until I figure out the best placement for them considering the layout of the room. What I would like to do is get up in the attic and run speaker wire from the wall behind the unit I built to new locations so I can have better placement of the rears. It is doable and if I do decide to do it that way I will have to do it before the attic becomes an inferno.

So, for now they are just a 3.1 set up. But even this setup sounds pretty darn good with the BA's up front.

Today I started to build my new custom audio cabinet that will house some of my vintage Pioneer gear. It will be just slightly bigger than the HT unit so it, if needed, will accommodate the biggest Pioneer receiver I have which is my SX-1250.

The unit will be divided into 6 compartments with the use of adjustable shelves. My plan is to transfer my Pioneer Spec-1 preamp, Spec-2 amp, PL-610, RT-901 RtR, and one of my Pioneer CD players and whatever else I may be able to fit without making it look too crowded.

It may not be a Mark W. "Pioneer Shrine" but it will be Pioneer nonetheless for now. :D

The carcass is near completion now.

Today I started to build my new custom audio cabinet that will house some of my vintage Pioneer gear. It will be just slightly bigger than the HT unit so it, if needed, will accommodate the biggest Pioneer receiver I have which is my SX-1250.

The unit will be divided into 6 compartments with the use of adjustable shelves. My plan is to transfer my Pioneer Spec-1 preamp, Spec-2 amp, PL-610, RT-901 RtR, and one of my Pioneer CD players and whatever else I may be able to fit without making it look too crowded.

It may not be a Mark W. "Pioneer Shrine" but it will be Pioneer nonetheless for now. :D

The carcass is near completion now.

Sounds like an interesting project. It's just too bad it will be filled with Pioneer gear... :D

Yeah wheres the pioneer...Its a travesty!:D

How do those speakers sound? And you didnt include photos of your rer speakers.

Yeah wheres the pioneer...Its a travesty!:D

How do those speakers sound? And you didnt include photos of your rer speakers.

The fronts sound great ! As for the rears, well, I have not re-connected them yet as I am debating about running wire in the attic and making drops where I want the rears to be. I had them hooked up before and used the sofa and loveseat to hide the speaker wires but it limits me to their placement and so right now it is a 3.1 channel system.

Now, as for the Pioneer gear you can look at an earlier posting of my current set up. Just scroll down and you will see. :D

Back
Top Bottom