Vermont Here! Old guy with old stuff!

Welcome and nice system. There's a few others here with L980s (including me).

Amazingly, the speakers still sound damn good after almost 40 years. My first speakers were the ADS subwoofer set-up. My dealer (when there were such things) had people come to my apartment to check them out. :) After blowing the output twice on the sub, I traded for the 980's. Weed and youthful exuberance caused too many "crank it up" episodes. Curious if you've ever done the crossover and bi-amp route on the 980's? Always wanted to try it and see how it sounded. Cheers!

Amazingly, the speakers still sound damn good after almost 40 years. My first speakers were the ADS subwoofer set-up. My dealer (when there were such things) had people come to my apartment to check them out. :) After blowing the output twice on the sub, I traded for the 980's. Weed and youthful exuberance caused too many "crank it up" episodes. Curious if you've ever done the crossover and bi-amp route on the 980's? Always wanted to try it and see how it sounded. Cheers!

I'm not surprised they still sound good (and nice job on the subwoofer :-> ).

I haven't tried the crossover/bi-amp but from what I understand, the crossovers are very difficult to find. Glenn (GD70) might be able to give you some more info but there's some good threads here.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?search/19635461/&q=l980&o=date

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 0
Welcome to AK - if you’re into a bit of a drive (and since you’re in Vermont everything is a bit of a drive) come on down to our audio get together in Sutton MA on March 23rd.

Welcome aboard
You are not alone here I to was 19 in 75 and still have my Sansui receiver turnTable and speakers it’s like going back in time and the joy is still there.
AK is a great place to share the joy of music and ones gear. Ken

Back
Top Bottom