Very Good FM Antennas

EddyR

I have built three of the antennas shown on this site. I built the small three element beam and it walked all over my six element LPDA Radio Shack antenna on the low end of the band. I built the one that covers 88-95 mhz. It works well even out outside this range. It has good gain up to 100 mhz.
I also built the eight element LPDA and still have it. I built the 14 element LPDA but only had it up for six months as it was large antenna and I felt it was to large and not worth the extra effort over the eight element version. The designer shows one inch spacing at the center of the driven element but I used two inches on all my antennas as I am using old tv antenna hardware. On the Eight element antenna I used the crossover harness not the 300 ohm wire he showes and the antenna has worked well for three years. F-B ratio is better than any other FM antenna I have used.
I am going to try a three el ment version built from 3/4" tubing and see if I can get better bandwith.
Read the entire article so you understand what each antenna. I did research and field testing on TV antennas in the 1950's so it all came easy for me.
https://www.scribd.com/document/8511785/FM-BC-Antennas-2

Back
Top Bottom