Victoria BC - Vancouver Island Deal Alerts

Nice when one walks into a thrift shop and find a pair of Dynaco A25s for $10. A rare occurrence these days for sure! Bit rough but they should clean up fairly well. :)

Definitely a rare occurrence nowadays with guys wanting $200 a set for A25's. I can remember finding a set on the side of the road for free. Times have certainly changed.

I think this is about the 4th pair I've had. 1st pair was a later version from Bibles for Missions on Government. They were $10 or so I think but that was a long time ago!

i tend to scan over the speakers unless they have 15" woofers, that usually catches my eye :thumbsup: :rockon:
there was a pair of $5 Hart speakers i passed at a church rummage one day, still kicking myself :whip:

saw that, cowichan ad says hes in crofton, damn ive already spent my allowance for this week. some nice speakers but nothing that i need right now

Jay is on ebay now. Heaven help those buying things from him sight-unseen! He's had one sale ... a Carver amp and tuner with the buyer's comment "Rough start, but all worked out. shipping damage, but salvageable. all good". Next up for bid is a Kenwood turntable, a Dual turntable and a Sony turntable. Guess the buyer can kiss those good-bye. By the way, I looked at the Sony myself .... it's a PS-X55 with the wrong mat ... so the auto record sensing won't work and all it does is flash it's auto operation light at you. Broken hinges as well and looks like someone has had a go at replacing one of them with another style. Yet it apparently is "in all original and fully functional condition". Hopefully he'll get weeded out pretty quickly.

No ... Jay didn't get it! :D

Ortofon OM10 Super.
Stylus is a bit bent but I've always wanted a Super to pair up with my OM20 stylus.

Last edited:
i just read hes moving to a retirement home, any excuse for a sale :rflmao:

I saw that too.

So, perhaps against my better judgement, but primarily because I was curious, I approached Eric (VicPix) about the Sony PS-3300 he has for sale up on usedvictoria. Negotiated a lower price. Took a long time to finally meet up with him. So the turntable doesn't start properly. Sometimes it does ... sometimes it doesn't ... just turns that platter an inch or so and then stalls. May be a dirty micro-switch or more serious issues with the motor. 45rpm doesn't lock in within the range of the pitch adjustment. Cueing doesn't work at all. I was still considering it in some tiny tiny way and Eric says 'Let me phone the guy I got it from'. Ring, ring ... 'Hi Jay!'. Ummm ... no thanks! And if you want a good chuckle, look under 'Completed Listings' on eBay for that Sony. Not quite sure how Eric figured that ad was going to result in a sale! Anyway ... I get the feeling that perhaps Jay's 'storage locker' is Eric's suite up in Dean Park. Wow ... I thought going into Merrit Electronics was an experience!

Back
Top Bottom