Video ads autoplaying?

That's one nice thing about uBlock Origin - you can run it and Adblock plus at the same time. Right now on this page, Adblock Plus is showing 2 blocked items, uBlock Origin is blocking 6. But I can still see the list of advertiser banners down the right side of the main forum - just not any animated, video, or otherwise hosted ads. :thumbsup:

That's one nice thing about uBlock Origin - you can run it and Adblock plus at the same time. Right now on this page, Adblock Plus is showing 2 blocked items, uBlock Origin is blocking 6. But I can still see the list of advertiser banners down the right side of the main forum - just not any animated, video, or otherwise hosted ads. :thumbsup:
That's exactly what I get. Those two ads that are getting blocked are buggy and hanging up on loading and so far in my experience are all hosted by youtube.com.

sqlsavior said:
Even before I started using ad-blocker, putting these lines in the hosts file eliminated a LOT of crap.

#Block those ads in the hosts file and the server is free to load the forum info
127.0.0.1 pagead.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net

Yes I might wanna add... You do not have to use 127.0.0.1 just use 0 (zero),thats what I do....

0 ad.doubleclick.net and so on........

Everything seems to be humming along fine now with ad blocker disabled for this site (green). The buggy YouTube videos are no longer trying force themselves into the top and bottom banners. Looks like problem solved.

I'm having a terrible time trying to type responses. Sometimes it's just awful, and sometimes its fine. Don't know if its ad related, but even the ads get stuck loading.

Back
Top Bottom