Votes: 124 40.8%
  • motorcycles

Votes: 35 11.5%
  • furniture/pens/watches/jewelery/etc.

Votes: 49 16.1%
  • other - please specify in the thread

Votes: 96 31.6%

• Total voters
Well, it's not me, but Mr. Searching is seriously into vintage toys, especially Redline Hot Wheels. It's a sickness I say, just as bad as me wanting to learn about and acquire more, and more, and better and better audio gear.

Vintage police flashlights, mostly from 1968 to 1985. I have one of the world's largest private collections.

combo.jpg

1962 Lyman boat. It's been in the family since 1970. Here's extending an open invitation to any KC area A-Karmrs, AudioGoners and HeadFiers to go for a spin on Perry or Clinton Lake - bring beer.

7537013_1024.ts1168120914000.jpg

I'm into vintage cookbooks as well. I'm the grillmaster, and I've found some pretty interesting recipes in books published in the fifties.

Besides electronics for excellent audio reproduction, I also collect radios that are good for long distance reception. Shortwave and AM mostly, but I do have one or two that I bought for their alleged FM performance.

All of my pix are taken on 35 mm cameras with actual film, so I have a small collection of vintage 35 mm gear. My camera "collection" mainly comprises fairly simple 620 or 120 film cameras- brownies, bakelite boxes of different kinds, a couple of portables with bellows (the agfa isolette is one of my favorites), I dabble in twin lens reflex camera too though don't own any right now. I used to have a Rolleiflex that took pictures of jaw-dropping beauty. Resale value was just too tempting.

I collect a few odds and ends in the vintage category, like viewmaster reels. I started collecting old product literature until i received the second item in a row that smelled bad- a mix of old paper and mildew. Then I stopped!

I've owned old cars and motorcycles but lately it's furniture. Eames, Heywood-Wakefield, Sansui, and the like. I just inherited some 1930's furniture from my grandmother and I'm remodeling our living room in kind of a vintage/mid-century modern theme. I'll post pictures when it's all finished.

Bicycles

I'm into pre 1983 bicycles. Tomorrow I'll be riding to work on my 1978 Trek. Silver brazed steel lugged frame built to last forever and a day.

Thomas

1962 Lyman boat. It's been in the family since 1970. Here's extending an open invitation to any KC area A-Karmrs, AudioGoners and HeadFiers to go for a spin on Perry or Clinton Lake - bring beer.

7537013_1024.ts1168120914000.jpg

Sweeeet! I love the ol' wooden boats.

Texana, Pearl Beer memorabilia, old French, Dutch, and British bicycles, fountain pens, pocket knives, things that remind of the time between the Kennedy Assassination and my Induction Notice, LBJ memorabilia, old copies of the Book of Common Prayer, foreign language bibles.

Back
Top Bottom