Vintage Audio News

Discussion in 'The Magazine Forum' started by audionut373, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

I as a vintage guy have to agree with you. I love my old audio gear, like I do my old 65 Chevy, but it isn't really a part of what's going on in today's world of audio any more. A big part of the vintage route for me is because it was paid for over 40 years ago and it, lacking anything close by to compare, sounds good enough to enjoy music with. Probably nostalgia and the vintage look and feel is a bigger draw for me than it should be.

2. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

Yep I like whatever works good and is fun., but ...

You know how the record sales stats come out every year for vinyl copies and how it keeps going up? Well they can only mesure new vinyl records and no sales on used records and for most buyers of records used probably dominates most their collection. However the market doesn't care about something sold new 40 years ago and or used today. Can it be a business? most definitely, does new manufacturing benefit from used items, only to see a trend and to help make new items to supply that trend.

3. FOH Engineer

FOH Engineer Super Member

1515276316509470324021.jpg

Sound check for 12, my phrase of the day....lets turn down what we CAN hear.

4. FOH Engineer

FOH Engineer Super Member

15152765318861034082173.jpg tonight's console is the endlessly routed Yamaha LS 9,... why have 10 functions per channel when you can have 25?

5. canuckaudiog

canuckaudiog On a quest for high fidelity

I like the idea of some sort of column, blog, editorial or article about vintage gear. I mean, primarily, it's the reason I come here, is to read about people's finds and whatnot. It might make a pretty good blog if the content was constantly coming in. A magazine though is a stretch for many of the reasons listed here in this thread.

I like writing, so this has piqued my curiosity. If there was a blog out there with articles on vintage gear, would you subscribe to and read it?

Maybe it could be an AudioKarma blog with people contributing their own articles?

6. Hipocrates

Hipocrates Anti-Muppet Subscriber

Absolutely :thumbsup: