Vintage Fords, Lincolns, and Mercurys!!

Adam

1965 Zenith
So as not to leave any old cars out, Let's see some old Fords, Lincolns and Mercurys :yes:

Last edited:
wish i had a scanner for photos i drove a 66 ford galaxy 289 hartop in 92 to 95.till i can´t afford it no more .smooth ride anyway

This site has the best wallpaper collection for mustangs ever.
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/

I want a Boss 429, but then again, I would rather have a house for that price.
But she sure is hawt.
1969Boss429Green.jpg

I don't wanna poop on your parade, but that blue convertible is a '39-ish Plymouth. (Note Mayflower hood ornament) :thmbsp:

...I could also take a pic of the '27 model T roadster that lives in a garage across the street from me. Maybe even the brass-era 1915 touring car I know about.

""I don't wanna poop on your parade, but that blue convertible is a '39-ish Plymouth. (Note Mayflower hood ornament)""

Oh crap, I just put in some pictures I had scanned into my computer a while ago without looking too closely at what they were, and that one was mislabeled as a Ford.:saywhat:

Last edited:
I have to say I'm more of a Japanese auto fan.

Of course, I was raised in an era when domestic autos just stopped improving in quality, and everyone I knew had a Toyota, if only because they were waiting for it to finally go kaput.

This often took years.

Gotta get a pic of a Ford/Mercury Capri! An RS 2600 will do nicely.

Attachments

• rs2600.jpg
    rs2600.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 94
Have a 78 Lincoln town car, the door sticker says it weighs 6,032lbs:banana:

That's more than most SUV's on the road, who needs air bag's?

460 cid, monster torque, pull a stump out'a the ground:yes:

Sorry if I'm not seeing well, but...

Aren't those the same car?

If so, why one has it's lights "square" and the one in the old photo has it's lights "round" ?

Attachments

• 1145721619_f.jpg
    1145721619_f.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 118
  • x1940%20ford1.jpg
    x1940%20ford1.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 112
IIRC, the "square" headlight version is a '39. In '40, they introduced sealed-beams in America, & we went back to round, til '75. Seems like any shape besides round was illegal for many years-some hogwash about square weren't as bright or something.

three on the tree! Don't see alot of that anymore. What did it have for a power plant? 250 straight six?

Bet it wasn't fun double-clutching that into first. :no:

Adam said:
To start, the 65 Mustang is the car I had in high school

Must have just had it repainted in that pic... can still see the over spray on the tires. :yes: :thmbsp:

Scott

donoghue said:
Here is a 62 Fairlane I sold a couple years ago; not much there performance wise but it was an attention-getter.

Friend of mine had one of those when he got divorced from his first wife.

His was the plain-jane version... only option it had was the 221 V8.

Car was in excellent condition save the driver's front fender and the front
bumper.

He drove it out of a junk yard, the previous owner's family took grandpa off
the road after he wreck the little Fairlane and just junked the car.

We put a different fender, bumper, and grille on the car, repainted the parts,
and my friend started installing all the Fairlane 500 trim on the car and it really
started looking great!

He ended up selling it later on making quite a bit more money on it that he had in it. :yes:

That little car surprised many a rice burner while he had it! :thmbsp:

Scott

Mercury Tracer

This is a picture of my wife’s 1993 Mercury Tracer just before we sold it. We bought it new at the end of 1993. Her commute to school was almost pure freeway driving. Gas mileage was about 36 mpg. Not too bad for a 1.9 liter engine with an automatic transmission. We sold it in 2005 with 147k miles on the odometer and it was still running about as good as the day we bought it.
tracersideveiw.jpg

The following is a picture of the above 93 Tracer and my 95 Tracer together in the garage. My ’95 has a stick and my gas mileage runs from the mid-thirties to a little over 40 mpg.
DualTracers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom