Vintage gear that makes you say "Wow"...

Connor G

Ear conditioned
Subscriber
For me, there is literally tons of vintage gear that makes me say wow... So let's see what everyone else has to say!
Here's just a few pieces of gear that I think fit that category:

$_1.JPG

44828ff92a4c487a6929110fc31ee42c.jpg
597.jpg
1980%20left.jpg

829842-extremely-rare-bampw-808-series-80-speakers-vintage-bowers-and-wilkins-rosewood.jpg
paragon.jpg

Note: This thread is 100% subjective...
Please don't be "offended" by other's opinions...

Your title and first picture got my attention. My pair of Marantz 9's really wowed me, and still do. Same with the 8 and 8b which I had way before the 9's came to be.

The Marantz 7c gets a wow. There is a great synergy with the 8's and 9's but was surprised at how well it did even when paired with my modern amps like Nelson Pass's XA.5 amps.

How do you like the Monster power conditioner? I was thinking about buying one...

Power conditioners in general are controversial amongst audiophiles, but I've found that - in my old 1961 house - it's eliminated the background hum and hiss from my Fisher tube amp, and makes things sound more lively and 3D.

It also allows me to not have to power on the amp using the Fisher's power/volume knob, which is a known weak point and pretty much impossible to replace once it inevitably breaks. I keep the Fisher set in the "on" position and power it up and down using the Monster.

Back
Top Bottom