Vintage gear that makes you say "Wow"...

You may be aware that Clearaudio purchased Louis Souther's patents. All their linear arms are based on our 1980's era originals. Here is the current TT3:

View attachment 1367972
Oh yes, I had contact and some discussions with Lou and his agent Julian Scharfman in Atlanta. Lou bought a touring motorcycle after cashing out his last brainchild to Peter Suchy and lived his dream.
Peter S. may have also acquired the rights to Bo Hansson's Cantus LT arm as well, the upper end Clearaudio LT arms appear to be based on the Cantus, which was inspired by Lou Souther's SLA with Lou's permission and encouragement as Bo Hansson was Lou's Swedish agent.
4147425471_bbdaa2f2f3_o.jpg

Last edited:
Few can ever measure up to Harry Pearson's knowledge, ability, insight and generosity to the world of high-fidelity as he did.
We'd all still be better off if he were here today.

Last edited:
I just yesterday found a pair of Advent loudspeakers at a garage sale. $50 for the pair. They are all beat up, scratched and damaged veneer.

I took them home and hooked them up...

WOW, those tweeters on extended setting. I’m truly blown away at the sound from these things. My first pair and will not be my last.

I just yesterday found a pair of Advent loudspeakers at a garage sale. $50 for the pair. They are all beat up, scratched and damaged veneer.

I took them home and hooked them up...

WOW, those tweeters on extended setting. I’m truly blown away at the sound from these things. My first pair and will not be my last.
That's good as a second pair is at least 3 times as good as one pair. Really, much better than the sum of the parts.

I saw a pair of these today.
Those are some fine looking amps. Somewhat spendy but the price does include domestic shipping. Seems the Western Electric Export Company is trying to make a go of in the high end audio world with the general availability of the 300B next month. (or is that info on their site a year or two old).

How does your Teac Magnefloat compare with your SP10? I'm curious. TIA.
They have different cartridges, so I can't really say sound wise. But the Technics is much heavier and with a more robust motor that can't be slowed. It's just better overall. But they both sound and work great and I recommend them both. The Teac is a fine machine too.

Back
Top Bottom