Vintage gear=Vintage music?

Grumpy have you got Made in Japan? Child in Time at chest pounding levels gives me goosebumps everytime! Ooooo-ooooooo-oooooo:D Kinda spooky. I can get a liitle Paronoid with Ozzy too. Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow-Man on the Silver Mountain.
Of course when I'm doing "the everything louder than everything else" category, I am home alone. That's when the weirdnes starts:beer:
By the time I finish up with Alice Cooper, or maybe Ram Jam I'm ready for some Savoy Brown-(Needle and Spoon, Hellbound Train), then I sart worrying and someone else "Slippin' In" while she's pulling a "7-Eleven" on me! By that time Muddy and The Wolf are singing about long distance calls little Red Roosters and doin' the do.
Brad
"Hey Dave, come here quick! There's somethin' you gotta see,
That man has got a dancing bear tied up to that ol' tree" David Allan Coe:D

I'm with Grumpy & Steam on this one...

Anything from Alice Cooper to Billie Holiday. Jimi Hendrix to Bob Marley. Jefferson Airplane to Count Bassie....

Too much good music in the world to limit one's self to one type. I live for most all the spices that this world has to offer. Just don't try & make me sit through bad country, bad rap or bad 80 hair bands... :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

mOOn

Thor

You obviously never heard the Band Victory before. They sucked Big Black Donkey Balls !I bet there is atleast 1000 other sucky 80s bands ! While everyone was cranking Motley Crue, Warrant and Poison I was jammin to Sabbath,Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep purple, the Scorps . Yeah theres a few bands from the 1980's that were Ok but but for the most part with the exception of the band Suicidal Tendencies they sucked. I will admit that there was some pretty good punk made in the 1980 but rock just werent Rock then.

Who was that said if we all like the same thing the world would be a pretty boring pace

Dave

Thanks for the blues Grumpy:D I fust finished up Hooker n' Heat, Buddy Guy-Slippin' In, Gary Moore-Blues Alive, and Paul Rodgers-Muddy Water Blues. I think Robin Trower's 20th Century Blues is next. I've had a good blues day thanks to you.:grnbounce
Brad
There might be a Rubber Biscuit on tonight.

Trower

One of the only guitarist to rival Mr Hendrix in pure power on the Guitar ! in my opinion. I can spend days listening to him. Seen him live in the 80s and am still blown away. I love Victims of the Fury.

Dave

"1000 other sucky 80s bands"... (Amen Grumpy) Big Black Donkey Balls ! ;)

As far as that Hendrix rival list goes... I'd have to add Frank Marino of Mahogany Rush to that list along with Trower. I seen them both on the same bill together in 1974. Talk about conjuring up some spirits! :guitar:

mOOn

Yup, Trower and Marino, both great guitarists. I saw trower in '75 and Marino (Mahogany Rush) in '79. I'll give you another...Ulrich Roth. He played with the Scorpions from the mid to late 70's. An absolute phenom on the guitar.

IMO though, they ALL fall short of Hendrix. He was simply in a class by himself.

Helix......listening to Machine Gun from Band of Gypsies :)

Jimi is the Master. (PERIOD.)

mOOn (A Crazed Jimi Fanatic)

ps... Don't even think about it Thor... You will die! :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Back
Top Bottom