Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

jpdylon

non-active member...
A, B, C, E, F or whatever body you have, let's see some pictures!!!

I'll start with my 64 valiant
attachment.php

This was my Mopar ride for almost 12 years.I was offered a cash deal last year and sold her.I do miss her.But the $$ was too good to turn down.When I need a "mopar fix" I always get to cruise my dads 68 Fury III ragtop around.I grew up in that Fury.

It has been FOMOCO for me lately, but I will ride in my own sixtmopar again some day.:thmbsp:

Attachments

• im000785.jpg
    im000785.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 303
  • im000786.jpg
    im000786.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 283
sixt8mopar: I sure do hope you got enough cash for that Satellite to prevent some inbred from butchering it into a roadrunner-clone! The are just not enough original cars around anymore!

Here are a few:

impatshow.jpg

For purposes of the thread, look at the truck, not the TVs...

z1Portables.jpg

'79 Cordoba

79cordo11.jpg

Sold this a while back...

3.jpg

and tons more if you still want to see them.

I like that imperial. green and evil looking. I'm not a great fan of 70s chargers, but that one you sold does look nice.

Keep em comin' people! :yes:

What size motor is in that Valiant Jordan?

Nice mopars Carmine.I really dig that Imperial.Is that sublime?
My first car was a 71 Pymouth Scamp that I painted sublime.Looks sharp with a white vinyl roof.

The car did go to a good home.It was an older guy in his late 50's early 60's.He had a 68 satellite years ago in his younger days and wanted another.I don't think he will be cloning it....I hope.

Believe it or not, that '73 Imperial is wearing original paint. It's not sub-lime, but a lighter shade called "spring green". I can't imagine it was too popular on Imperials (unless you bought it to match your suit) :D The "oddball" factor was one of the reasons I bought the car.

Here's my '72 Charger I've had since '75.
It was a 318 car when I got it-flat hood, green interior, dealer took off the rallye wheels and put on funky hubcaps.
IMG_0437-vi.jpg

Here's my '66 Chrysler Town & Country.
I got it in 2000, my mid-life crisis car.
When my wife left me, I needed something big & ugly to replace her.
I did some work on it, and now it's not quite so ugly.
IMG_0443-vi.jpg

sixt8mopar said:
What size motor is in that Valiant Jordan?

Its got a 225 in it with the ball & ball carb. The motor picks up surprisingly well for its age despite burning a quart every 3k. I suspect the motor was replaced at some point in the late 60s because the serial don't match the tag and the block is from 67.

It has an NP-833 4 speed in it with a hurst shifter. The car was like this when I bought it.

It's gonna get some suspension mods, including better torsion bars, new shocks, and a swaybar in the front.

Some of these pics are bad because they're just digital pictures of old photographs....

Last edited:
Here is my van and our shop vehicles:
1989 Dodge Van, 1 ton B350, 360 CID Throttle Body Injection
1986 Dodge 250 truck with Tommy Lift, 360 CID 4 BBL Quadrajet
1964 Plymouth Savoy, Has push-button automatic, 318 CID, 2 barrel very small carb.

Attachments

• dodgesmall.jpg
    dodgesmall.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 84
  • truck1small.JPG
    truck1small.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 87
  • plymouthfrontsmall.jpg
    plymouthfrontsmall.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 137
  • plymouthpushbuttonsmall.jpg
    plymouthpushbuttonsmall.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 123
Awesome hydraulics on that '73 Fury!
Do I win a prize for guessing right?

Yep, that's what it is. This pic might be a bit better.

Last edited:
This post motivated me to back-up some pics on my hard drive to a CD. So here we go... (And yes, these are all cars I've owned. No, this isn't even close to all of them.) Most of them I have painted/restored, etc. Others are just clean survivors.

61Imperial-1.jpg

65Newportft-rr-1.jpg

68Imperial-1.jpg

70Fury-1.jpg

72charger-1.jpg

72Polarawagon-1.jpg

73DodgeTruck-1.jpg

73Imperialcoupe-1.jpg

73MonacoWagon-1.jpg

73Yorker-1.jpg

74Imperial-1.jpg

74Newport-1.jpg

69300ft-rr-1.jpg

I really like this one! :yes:

Thanks for sharing Carmine! :thmbsp:

Scott

My old Mopar is a '48 Dodge D-24 sedan, my Dad bought it for me a couple of years before I got my drivers license. We got it from the original owner and it had 16,000 miles on it at the time (1964). I drove it in High-School and one year of college before parking it in my Dad's barn in 1970. I moved it out to my place when I built a shop in 1993 and it's not been out since. It's got 39,900 miles on it now, the motor runs good but it needs a gas tank, brakes and tires before I can get it out on the road. I'm retiring next year and it's going to be my #1 project to get going again. I hope to have it ready to take to my 40th High School reunion in '08. I think it'll be a lot cooler now than it was when I was 16......

79 Chryslar Cordoba, 36,500 miles. Looked nice until 11-14-06 when some goof who was using a median as a traffic lane hit me. And is lying through his teeth about it.

cordoba.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Fixable.... I can only hope you hurt his even worse! Let me know if you need help with parts!

Back
Top Bottom