Vintage Realistic STA-52

I got STA-90 from an original owner who cherished it so well that it's in museum condition, only DeoxIt was needed, and oiling. 1976-77, 45wpc with Quatravox feature.

Unbelievable look when glow in dark. Contrary to other receivers, it's not white, not green, not blue, but rather very warm orange/amber lights and very bright. In my opinion, this rare orange/amber glow beat Pioneer, Marantz, Sansui, etc.

The thing is that once I had a received with such color glow. It was very vintage (probably 1960) Magnavox receiver / 8-track player combo, that had this warm and bright orange/amber glow. Since I sold it, I was always missing this face color.

Until I found STA-90. Looks like STA-52B has the same glow. I want to post pictures, but it's hard to catch the beauty of face glow on picture.

Last edited:
It is a bute, and decent sound for a whopping 16 watts. Mine is clean as a pin inside, the face is near perfect. Only a small chip in the veneer.
Its a keeper.
bob
I picked up an SX650. But at half volume or knob at 12 o'clock I had plenty of sound, so when some1 says 16 watts ain't much, they are so wrong..

Back
Top Bottom