Vintage Speakers

Blue Meanie

Scratch 'n' Sniff
Hello to all. I just acquired a pair of AAL speakers for free, and was hoping someone could identify the model. On the warranty card stapled to the back of one of the speakers, it says "Studio Series". 15" woofer, 2 4or5" midranges, and a 2"(?) cone tweeter. There is a port directly between the 2 midranges. Any idea what model # these would be in the "Studio Series"? Thanks for any help. Orion Blue Book lists several models in this series, but gives no info as to the driver compliment for each model...

Jeff

AAL was acquired by Mitek (MTX) about 10 years or so ago. I have a pair of their original D-5550 model. I remember a friend that got a pair of AAL, just because they were the least expensive, passable system available.
They are a speaker system. Mine are OK, but nothing to write home about, and they were TOTL, and a decent thrift store score.
Free is good.

Originally posted by bully
AAL was acquired by Mitek (MTX) about 10 years or so ago. I have a pair of their original D-5550 model. I remember a friend that got a pair of AAL, just because they were the least expensive, passable system available.
They are a speaker system. Mine are OK, but nothing to write home about, and they were TOTL, and a decent thrift store score.
Free is good.

Yeah, they sound like shit through a tin horn, at least compared to my Paradigm Studio 100v2s. In fact, they sound as bad or worse than my pair of Pioneer CS-C9000s that were part of a Pioneer "rack" system from the mid eighties. Maybe they aren't even worth the expense of replacing the woofer surrounds. I don't know... But cheap is good, and free even better, so I guess I can't complain.

Jeff
P.S. Still hoping to determine the model #

Back
Top Bottom